Sep 18, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Mitt Romney “47 percent” speech that has become the talk of the campaign the past 24 hours was secretly taped at a fundraiser at 76ers co-owner Marc Leder’s home, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer. This shouldn’t be a huge shock, look at the donation patterns and players tend to donate to Democratic candidates and causes, owners and front office types tend to be conservative in political leanings.
• A fantastic bit of blogging about how Chris Paul has been the defacto GM of the Clippers this summer. I can’t imagine what could possibly go wrong with that, it’s worked so well everywhere else players have a lot of personnel say.
• The Pistons are going to have separate men’s and women’s fan clubs this year. Interesting.
• Miami plans to invite Robert Dozier to training camp.
• Robbie Hummel underwent knee surgery on Tuesday and will be out of action for at least a month.
• Dallas signed young point guard Josh Akognon for training camp.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14