Sep 18, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Mitt Romney “47 percent” speech that has become the talk of the campaign the past 24 hours was secretly taped at a fundraiser at 76ers co-owner Marc Leder’s home, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer. This shouldn’t be a huge shock, look at the donation patterns and players tend to donate to Democratic candidates and causes, owners and front office types tend to be conservative in political leanings.
• A fantastic bit of blogging about how Chris Paul has been the defacto GM of the Clippers this summer. I can’t imagine what could possibly go wrong with that, it’s worked so well everywhere else players have a lot of personnel say.
• The Pistons are going to have separate men’s and women’s fan clubs this year. Interesting.
• Miami plans to invite Robert Dozier to training camp.
• Robbie Hummel underwent knee surgery on Tuesday and will be out of action for at least a month.
• Dallas signed young point guard Josh Akognon for training camp.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6