Sep 18, 2012, 6:19 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Mitt Romney “47 percent” speech that has become the talk of the campaign the past 24 hours was secretly taped at a fundraiser at 76ers co-owner Marc Leder’s home, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer. This shouldn’t be a huge shock, look at the donation patterns and players tend to donate to Democratic candidates and causes, owners and front office types tend to be conservative in political leanings.
• A fantastic bit of blogging about how Chris Paul has been the defacto GM of the Clippers this summer. I can’t imagine what could possibly go wrong with that, it’s worked so well everywhere else players have a lot of personnel say.
• The Pistons are going to have separate men’s and women’s fan clubs this year. Interesting.
• Miami plans to invite Robert Dozier to training camp.
• Robbie Hummel underwent knee surgery on Tuesday and will be out of action for at least a month.
• Dallas signed young point guard Josh Akognon for training camp.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 3
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 23
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 28
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0