Sep 18, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Mitt Romney “47 percent” speech that has become the talk of the campaign the past 24 hours was secretly taped at a fundraiser at 76ers co-owner Marc Leder’s home, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer. This shouldn’t be a huge shock, look at the donation patterns and players tend to donate to Democratic candidates and causes, owners and front office types tend to be conservative in political leanings.
• A fantastic bit of blogging about how Chris Paul has been the defacto GM of the Clippers this summer. I can’t imagine what could possibly go wrong with that, it’s worked so well everywhere else players have a lot of personnel say.
• The Pistons are going to have separate men’s and women’s fan clubs this year. Interesting.
• Miami plans to invite Robert Dozier to training camp.
• Robbie Hummel underwent knee surgery on Tuesday and will be out of action for at least a month.
• Dallas signed young point guard Josh Akognon for training camp.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 12
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 2
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16