Sep 18, 2012, 8:16 AM EDT
With training camps set to open in a couple weeks, we’re starting to see a little movement on the veteran players still out there unsigned right now. First Matt Barnes then Josh Harrellson got signed by teams.
According to a source close to the situation, “Suddenly, three NBA teams have shown major interest in the nine-year veteran and two of the teams seem very motivated to get a deal done.
“Mickael also has a strong overseas option on the table that contains an escape clause. He’s considering all of his options, but he prefers to play in the NBA and he’s feeling 10 times better than last season. He’s healthy for the first time in two years.”
I don’t know who Haynes source is, but pretty clearly it is Pietrus’ agent (Bill McCandless) or someone in his circle. Pietrus and his agent have said before he would not play for the veteran minimum, but the only way to get more than that right now is to create demand. Truth be told, the players really in demand in the league already have deals, but someone is trying to create the picture of real options for Pietrus looking for a better offer.
Pietrus played for the Celtics last season and had his knee scoped this summer, but reportedly is doing well and is ready to go for camp. As soon as he signs.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10