Sep 18, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
The Knicks are still looking to add one more backup power forward to the roster, and a lot of Knicks fans look out at the rather barren landscape of available free agents and see Kenyon Martin as the best option.
He probably is. And the Knicks fans are not alone in seeing it. But this remains simply a money issue, something MSG’s Alan Hahn said on Sulia.
Kenyon Martin is the player so many continue to link to the Knicks, but K-Mart has remained steadfast in not wanting to accept a veteran’s minimum. A few teams have Martin on their radar, including the Celtics. While K-Mart provides more toughness and size to the team, the Knicks might not want to get locked in with a volatile player.
The Knicks and Celtics would take K-Mart in a second if he would take the minimum. But Martin doesn’t want the veteran minimum and has suggested he would sit out training camp or to mid-season until a team came back to him with a respectable offer. He sounds willing to be patient. Because of that CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely tweeted yesterday that the Celtics are very unlikely to land K-Mart.
Other Knicks options at the four are Lou Amundson, Shawne Williams and the just-released Jordan Williams, Hahn suggests. If none of those options thrill Knicks fans, well, they shouldn’t. But that is who is out there.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16