Sep 18, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
The Knicks are still looking to add one more backup power forward to the roster, and a lot of Knicks fans look out at the rather barren landscape of available free agents and see Kenyon Martin as the best option.
He probably is. And the Knicks fans are not alone in seeing it. But this remains simply a money issue, something MSG’s Alan Hahn said on Sulia.
Kenyon Martin is the player so many continue to link to the Knicks, but K-Mart has remained steadfast in not wanting to accept a veteran’s minimum. A few teams have Martin on their radar, including the Celtics. While K-Mart provides more toughness and size to the team, the Knicks might not want to get locked in with a volatile player.
The Knicks and Celtics would take K-Mart in a second if he would take the minimum. But Martin doesn’t want the veteran minimum and has suggested he would sit out training camp or to mid-season until a team came back to him with a respectable offer. He sounds willing to be patient. Because of that CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely tweeted yesterday that the Celtics are very unlikely to land K-Mart.
Other Knicks options at the four are Lou Amundson, Shawne Williams and the just-released Jordan Williams, Hahn suggests. If none of those options thrill Knicks fans, well, they shouldn’t. But that is who is out there.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 47
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61