Sep 18, 2012, 9:49 AM EST
The Knicks are still looking to add one more backup power forward to the roster, and a lot of Knicks fans look out at the rather barren landscape of available free agents and see Kenyon Martin as the best option.
He probably is. And the Knicks fans are not alone in seeing it. But this remains simply a money issue, something MSG’s Alan Hahn said on Sulia.
Kenyon Martin is the player so many continue to link to the Knicks, but K-Mart has remained steadfast in not wanting to accept a veteran’s minimum. A few teams have Martin on their radar, including the Celtics. While K-Mart provides more toughness and size to the team, the Knicks might not want to get locked in with a volatile player.
The Knicks and Celtics would take K-Mart in a second if he would take the minimum. But Martin doesn’t want the veteran minimum and has suggested he would sit out training camp or to mid-season until a team came back to him with a respectable offer. He sounds willing to be patient. Because of that CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely tweeted yesterday that the Celtics are very unlikely to land K-Mart.
Other Knicks options at the four are Lou Amundson, Shawne Williams and the just-released Jordan Williams, Hahn suggests. If none of those options thrill Knicks fans, well, they shouldn’t. But that is who is out there.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 21
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17