Sep 18, 2012, 2:59 PM EST
The Milwaukee Bucks have one open roster spot they are likely to fill. And that will attract players this time of year like uncovered watermelon will attract ants at a picnic.
Veteran swingman Marquis Daniels, who last season didn’t get off the Celtics bench all that much (just over 6 minutes a game in the playoffs) is one of the guys trying to land on the Bucks roster for the upcoming season.
The Journal-Sentinel broke down the names you know (and don’t) working out for the Bucks right now a couple weeks before training camp. (Hat tip to Jessica Camerato at CSNNE.com, who reminds us Celtics players praised Daniels’ professionalism.)
Marquis Daniels, who played a reserve role with the Boston Celtics last season, was among a group of players working out at the Bucks training facility in St. Francis on Monday… Other unsigned players working out Monday at the Cousins Center included forward Rasual Butler and swingman Rodney Carney.
This scenario is playing out at team workout facilities all over the country, where players are working out hard now trying to get one of the final scraps, the final spots on the roster. Minimum salary spots, but that is still good money and you are in the NBA getting played to ball.
Most of the players will end up leaving disappointed. But nobody wants to give up a dream easily.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6