Sep 18, 2012, 2:59 PM EST
The Milwaukee Bucks have one open roster spot they are likely to fill. And that will attract players this time of year like uncovered watermelon will attract ants at a picnic.
Veteran swingman Marquis Daniels, who last season didn’t get off the Celtics bench all that much (just over 6 minutes a game in the playoffs) is one of the guys trying to land on the Bucks roster for the upcoming season.
The Journal-Sentinel broke down the names you know (and don’t) working out for the Bucks right now a couple weeks before training camp. (Hat tip to Jessica Camerato at CSNNE.com, who reminds us Celtics players praised Daniels’ professionalism.)
Marquis Daniels, who played a reserve role with the Boston Celtics last season, was among a group of players working out at the Bucks training facility in St. Francis on Monday… Other unsigned players working out Monday at the Cousins Center included forward Rasual Butler and swingman Rodney Carney.
This scenario is playing out at team workout facilities all over the country, where players are working out hard now trying to get one of the final scraps, the final spots on the roster. Minimum salary spots, but that is still good money and you are in the NBA getting played to ball.
Most of the players will end up leaving disappointed. But nobody wants to give up a dream easily.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 1
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12