Sep 18, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
The Rockets have a lot invested in Jeremy Lin. Not financially for the next couple years, although that third year is a monster. However, it is more about marketing and perception. The Rockets went big game hunting this summer and landed Lin. He’s the guy.
And Lin says he is physically ready, reports Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Ready in a way he may not have been had it not been for “Linsanity” in New York last year.
He said he has changed since his breakthrough season in New York, returning to Toyota Center fully recuperated from the torn meniscus in his left knee that ended his season and 10 pounds lighter…
“I learned a lot in New York,” Lin said. “It happened so fast I think I learned (about) basketball, but I think I learned a lot about people, a lot about life. That was huge. On the outside looking in, it might have been all about the glitz and the glamour, but it was really tough for me to handle everything, from all aspects.”
In his first day at the Rockets facility Lin tried to play down the whole “face of the franchise” thing, just trying to be the humble guy. He can say that and believe that if he wants. But if you look at the Rockets marketing you know he is the face of the franchise. He’s the star being sold in what promises to be a bumpy season in Houston.
Lin is the face of the Rockets. At least physically he seems to be ready for it.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11