Sep 18, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The Rockets have a lot invested in Jeremy Lin. Not financially for the next couple years, although that third year is a monster. However, it is more about marketing and perception. The Rockets went big game hunting this summer and landed Lin. He’s the guy.
And Lin says he is physically ready, reports Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Ready in a way he may not have been had it not been for “Linsanity” in New York last year.
He said he has changed since his breakthrough season in New York, returning to Toyota Center fully recuperated from the torn meniscus in his left knee that ended his season and 10 pounds lighter…
“I learned a lot in New York,” Lin said. “It happened so fast I think I learned (about) basketball, but I think I learned a lot about people, a lot about life. That was huge. On the outside looking in, it might have been all about the glitz and the glamour, but it was really tough for me to handle everything, from all aspects.”
In his first day at the Rockets facility Lin tried to play down the whole “face of the franchise” thing, just trying to be the humble guy. He can say that and believe that if he wants. But if you look at the Rockets marketing you know he is the face of the franchise. He’s the star being sold in what promises to be a bumpy season in Houston.
Lin is the face of the Rockets. At least physically he seems to be ready for it.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 14
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9