Sep 18, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
The Rockets have a lot invested in Jeremy Lin. Not financially for the next couple years, although that third year is a monster. However, it is more about marketing and perception. The Rockets went big game hunting this summer and landed Lin. He’s the guy.
And Lin says he is physically ready, reports Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Ready in a way he may not have been had it not been for “Linsanity” in New York last year.
He said he has changed since his breakthrough season in New York, returning to Toyota Center fully recuperated from the torn meniscus in his left knee that ended his season and 10 pounds lighter…
“I learned a lot in New York,” Lin said. “It happened so fast I think I learned (about) basketball, but I think I learned a lot about people, a lot about life. That was huge. On the outside looking in, it might have been all about the glitz and the glamour, but it was really tough for me to handle everything, from all aspects.”
In his first day at the Rockets facility Lin tried to play down the whole “face of the franchise” thing, just trying to be the humble guy. He can say that and believe that if he wants. But if you look at the Rockets marketing you know he is the face of the franchise. He’s the star being sold in what promises to be a bumpy season in Houston.
Lin is the face of the Rockets. At least physically he seems to be ready for it.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11