Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
He shouldn’t be able to do it, honestly. Manu Ginobili isn’t the most athletically gifted guy on the floor, even if he does have great ups. But Ginobili pushes himself and his skills, not his abilities, his skills, to a place where your athleticism, all your power and strength are worthless. He’s just better. He’s going to make the play, he’s going to hit the shot, he’s going to deliver the pass, he’s going to draw the foul, and he’s going to sneak by you time and time again. He never stops, he never hesitates, and he’s always in control, reaching for that next gadget in the utility belt. I’d call him Batman but he and the winged rodents don’t get along.
If he’s not superhuman, he sure pulls off a convincing act.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)