Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
He shouldn’t be able to do it, honestly. Manu Ginobili isn’t the most athletically gifted guy on the floor, even if he does have great ups. But Ginobili pushes himself and his skills, not his abilities, his skills, to a place where your athleticism, all your power and strength are worthless. He’s just better. He’s going to make the play, he’s going to hit the shot, he’s going to deliver the pass, he’s going to draw the foul, and he’s going to sneak by you time and time again. He never stops, he never hesitates, and he’s always in control, reaching for that next gadget in the utility belt. I’d call him Batman but he and the winged rodents don’t get along.
If he’s not superhuman, he sure pulls off a convincing act.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18