Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
He shouldn’t be able to do it, honestly. Manu Ginobili isn’t the most athletically gifted guy on the floor, even if he does have great ups. But Ginobili pushes himself and his skills, not his abilities, his skills, to a place where your athleticism, all your power and strength are worthless. He’s just better. He’s going to make the play, he’s going to hit the shot, he’s going to deliver the pass, he’s going to draw the foul, and he’s going to sneak by you time and time again. He never stops, he never hesitates, and he’s always in control, reaching for that next gadget in the utility belt. I’d call him Batman but he and the winged rodents don’t get along.
If he’s not superhuman, he sure pulls off a convincing act.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20