Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
He shouldn’t be able to do it, honestly. Manu Ginobili isn’t the most athletically gifted guy on the floor, even if he does have great ups. But Ginobili pushes himself and his skills, not his abilities, his skills, to a place where your athleticism, all your power and strength are worthless. He’s just better. He’s going to make the play, he’s going to hit the shot, he’s going to deliver the pass, he’s going to draw the foul, and he’s going to sneak by you time and time again. He never stops, he never hesitates, and he’s always in control, reaching for that next gadget in the utility belt. I’d call him Batman but he and the winged rodents don’t get along.
If he’s not superhuman, he sure pulls off a convincing act.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42