Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
He shouldn’t be able to do it, honestly. Manu Ginobili isn’t the most athletically gifted guy on the floor, even if he does have great ups. But Ginobili pushes himself and his skills, not his abilities, his skills, to a place where your athleticism, all your power and strength are worthless. He’s just better. He’s going to make the play, he’s going to hit the shot, he’s going to deliver the pass, he’s going to draw the foul, and he’s going to sneak by you time and time again. He never stops, he never hesitates, and he’s always in control, reaching for that next gadget in the utility belt. I’d call him Batman but he and the winged rodents don’t get along.
If he’s not superhuman, he sure pulls off a convincing act.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 32
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 27
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3