Sep 17, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Look, I don’t know how else to put it. The guy’s crazy. Totally, absolutely, without question guano insane when he steps on the floor. Because if it was all an act, someone would have called him on it in public by now. Kevin Garnett‘s just not functioning the way most human beings do when he hits the hardwood floor of an NBA court. He’s a drooling, barking, headbutting, smaller-European-guard-bullying, slap-and-dashing, trash-talking psychopath hellbent on ruining your day and taking the scoreboard home with him to chew on with the power plugged in.
It’s entertaining for everyone except whoever’s on the other side.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34