Sep 17, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Look, I don’t know how else to put it. The guy’s crazy. Totally, absolutely, without question guano insane when he steps on the floor. Because if it was all an act, someone would have called him on it in public by now. Kevin Garnett‘s just not functioning the way most human beings do when he hits the hardwood floor of an NBA court. He’s a drooling, barking, headbutting, smaller-European-guard-bullying, slap-and-dashing, trash-talking psychopath hellbent on ruining your day and taking the scoreboard home with him to chew on with the power plugged in.
It’s entertaining for everyone except whoever’s on the other side.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20