Sep 17, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Look, I don’t know how else to put it. The guy’s crazy. Totally, absolutely, without question guano insane when he steps on the floor. Because if it was all an act, someone would have called him on it in public by now. Kevin Garnett‘s just not functioning the way most human beings do when he hits the hardwood floor of an NBA court. He’s a drooling, barking, headbutting, smaller-European-guard-bullying, slap-and-dashing, trash-talking psychopath hellbent on ruining your day and taking the scoreboard home with him to chew on with the power plugged in.
It’s entertaining for everyone except whoever’s on the other side.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 32
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 24
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 11
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10