Sep 17, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Is Adam Morrison on his way back to the NBA?
It is not a sure thing, but he is on his way back to an NBA training camp apparently. The Portland Trail Blazers extended the former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats and poster child for the word bust an invitation to training camp, tweets Joel Freeman of the Oregonian.
This is not a guaranteed contract, it is a make-good deal. As of right now the Blazers have 15 guys coming to camp, which is the maximum that can be carried on an NBA roster (although most teams carry one or two less).
For those of you that rolled your eyes at the news, it’s time to join us in 2012. You should know that Morrison averaged 20 points a game for the Clippers at Summer League and added five rebounds a game. He was getting MVP chants the last night in Las Vegas and he looked pretty good there. Like the kind of guy who deserved another look.
For the fans in Vegas Morrison moved from the derided guy to the sympathetic figure, the guy you’d kind of like to see bounce back and make it. He played in Serbia last year but seems to have found himself and can put the ball in the basket. Which is, at the end of the day, what the game is about.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 19
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 54
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46