Sep 17, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Is Adam Morrison on his way back to the NBA?
It is not a sure thing, but he is on his way back to an NBA training camp apparently. The Portland Trail Blazers extended the former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats and poster child for the word bust an invitation to training camp, tweets Joel Freeman of the Oregonian.
This is not a guaranteed contract, it is a make-good deal. As of right now the Blazers have 15 guys coming to camp, which is the maximum that can be carried on an NBA roster (although most teams carry one or two less).
For those of you that rolled your eyes at the news, it’s time to join us in 2012. You should know that Morrison averaged 20 points a game for the Clippers at Summer League and added five rebounds a game. He was getting MVP chants the last night in Las Vegas and he looked pretty good there. Like the kind of guy who deserved another look.
For the fans in Vegas Morrison moved from the derided guy to the sympathetic figure, the guy you’d kind of like to see bounce back and make it. He played in Serbia last year but seems to have found himself and can put the ball in the basket. Which is, at the end of the day, what the game is about.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 2
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 27
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 3
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19