Sep 17, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Is Adam Morrison on his way back to the NBA?
It is not a sure thing, but he is on his way back to an NBA training camp apparently. The Portland Trail Blazers extended the former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats and poster child for the word bust an invitation to training camp, tweets Joel Freeman of the Oregonian.
This is not a guaranteed contract, it is a make-good deal. As of right now the Blazers have 15 guys coming to camp, which is the maximum that can be carried on an NBA roster (although most teams carry one or two less).
For those of you that rolled your eyes at the news, it’s time to join us in 2012. You should know that Morrison averaged 20 points a game for the Clippers at Summer League and added five rebounds a game. He was getting MVP chants the last night in Las Vegas and he looked pretty good there. Like the kind of guy who deserved another look.
For the fans in Vegas Morrison moved from the derided guy to the sympathetic figure, the guy you’d kind of like to see bounce back and make it. He played in Serbia last year but seems to have found himself and can put the ball in the basket. Which is, at the end of the day, what the game is about.
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 4
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 7
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 34
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 7
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (95)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay