Sep 17, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Is Adam Morrison on his way back to the NBA?
It is not a sure thing, but he is on his way back to an NBA training camp apparently. The Portland Trail Blazers extended the former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats and poster child for the word bust an invitation to training camp, tweets Joel Freeman of the Oregonian.
This is not a guaranteed contract, it is a make-good deal. As of right now the Blazers have 15 guys coming to camp, which is the maximum that can be carried on an NBA roster (although most teams carry one or two less).
For those of you that rolled your eyes at the news, it’s time to join us in 2012. You should know that Morrison averaged 20 points a game for the Clippers at Summer League and added five rebounds a game. He was getting MVP chants the last night in Las Vegas and he looked pretty good there. Like the kind of guy who deserved another look.
For the fans in Vegas Morrison moved from the derided guy to the sympathetic figure, the guy you’d kind of like to see bounce back and make it. He played in Serbia last year but seems to have found himself and can put the ball in the basket. Which is, at the end of the day, what the game is about.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 19
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 3
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16