Sep 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Stanford loves beating USC.
• MaShon Brooks keeps talking about being Sixth Man of the Year this year. It’s a good if lofty goal. My preseason guess on that one, Jason Terry again, rejuvenated in a new city.
• Along those same lines comes the report Detroit’s point guard Brandon Knight has gained 10 to 12 pounds of muscle this offseason. Take this report with a grain of salt, especially if you think it makes him instantly better.
• The second most efficient shot in the NBA is the corner three (after a dunk/layup). Here is a really great graphic showing where the pass to that corner three comes from.
• Shaquille O’Neal bought and runs a movie theater in New Jersey now. Insert your own “Kazaam” jokes here.
• I know people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, but this is just funny.
• The Lakers signed second-round pick Darius Johnson-Odom but I wouldn’t bet on him making the roster.
• Swingman Alando Tucker tweets he will work out for the Bucks this week.
• The Nets have signed three guys to be training camp fodder: guard Stephen Dennis, and forwards Carleton Scott and James Mays.
• The Grizzlies are bringing in five guys to training camp not on guaranteed contracts: Flip Murray, Ronald Dupree, Jerome Jordan, Michael Dunigan and Jarrid Famous.
• Pooh Jeter tweets he has signed with the Shandong Bulls in China.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14