Sep 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Stanford loves beating USC.
• MaShon Brooks keeps talking about being Sixth Man of the Year this year. It’s a good if lofty goal. My preseason guess on that one, Jason Terry again, rejuvenated in a new city.
• Along those same lines comes the report Detroit’s point guard Brandon Knight has gained 10 to 12 pounds of muscle this offseason. Take this report with a grain of salt, especially if you think it makes him instantly better.
• The second most efficient shot in the NBA is the corner three (after a dunk/layup). Here is a really great graphic showing where the pass to that corner three comes from.
• Shaquille O’Neal bought and runs a movie theater in New Jersey now. Insert your own “Kazaam” jokes here.
• I know people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, but this is just funny.
• The Lakers signed second-round pick Darius Johnson-Odom but I wouldn’t bet on him making the roster.
• Swingman Alando Tucker tweets he will work out for the Bucks this week.
• The Nets have signed three guys to be training camp fodder: guard Stephen Dennis, and forwards Carleton Scott and James Mays.
• The Grizzlies are bringing in five guys to training camp not on guaranteed contracts: Flip Murray, Ronald Dupree, Jerome Jordan, Michael Dunigan and Jarrid Famous.
• Pooh Jeter tweets he has signed with the Shandong Bulls in China.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17