Sep 17, 2012, 7:53 AM EDT
The Miami Heat are still looking for one more big man on the roster. Chris Bosh is the starting center (probably) but the Heat want some depth up front. Josh Harrellson got an extended lookout, as did Hassan Whiteside, but the Heat are still looking.
Dexter Pittman has had his shot. He was with the team last season, played on their Summer League team this year and has yet to win over any fans with the Heat front office.
Then comes this note from Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald.
A Heat official said the team was disappointed in Dexter Pittman’s summer league work and “this is a crucial training camp for him. But the slate is clear.” Pittman has a guaranteed contract ($854,389) and seems likely to stick but has been assured nothing.
Pittman has had conditioning issues, which is usually tied to concerns about work ethic. Most likely Pittman keeps a roster spot, but it’s far from a sure thing. The Heat might be willing to buy him out to clear out room on the roster for a player they think can contribute something.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18