Sep 17, 2012, 7:53 AM EDT
The Miami Heat are still looking for one more big man on the roster. Chris Bosh is the starting center (probably) but the Heat want some depth up front. Josh Harrellson got an extended lookout, as did Hassan Whiteside, but the Heat are still looking.
Dexter Pittman has had his shot. He was with the team last season, played on their Summer League team this year and has yet to win over any fans with the Heat front office.
Then comes this note from Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald.
A Heat official said the team was disappointed in Dexter Pittman’s summer league work and “this is a crucial training camp for him. But the slate is clear.” Pittman has a guaranteed contract ($854,389) and seems likely to stick but has been assured nothing.
Pittman has had conditioning issues, which is usually tied to concerns about work ethic. Most likely Pittman keeps a roster spot, but it’s far from a sure thing. The Heat might be willing to buy him out to clear out room on the roster for a player they think can contribute something.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49