Sep 17, 2012, 7:53 AM EDT
The Miami Heat are still looking for one more big man on the roster. Chris Bosh is the starting center (probably) but the Heat want some depth up front. Josh Harrellson got an extended lookout, as did Hassan Whiteside, but the Heat are still looking.
Dexter Pittman has had his shot. He was with the team last season, played on their Summer League team this year and has yet to win over any fans with the Heat front office.
Then comes this note from Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald.
A Heat official said the team was disappointed in Dexter Pittman’s summer league work and “this is a crucial training camp for him. But the slate is clear.” Pittman has a guaranteed contract ($854,389) and seems likely to stick but has been assured nothing.
Pittman has had conditioning issues, which is usually tied to concerns about work ethic. Most likely Pittman keeps a roster spot, but it’s far from a sure thing. The Heat might be willing to buy him out to clear out room on the roster for a player they think can contribute something.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25