Sep 17, 2012, 7:53 AM EST
The Miami Heat are still looking for one more big man on the roster. Chris Bosh is the starting center (probably) but the Heat want some depth up front. Josh Harrellson got an extended lookout, as did Hassan Whiteside, but the Heat are still looking.
Dexter Pittman has had his shot. He was with the team last season, played on their Summer League team this year and has yet to win over any fans with the Heat front office.
Then comes this note from Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald.
A Heat official said the team was disappointed in Dexter Pittman’s summer league work and “this is a crucial training camp for him. But the slate is clear.” Pittman has a guaranteed contract ($854,389) and seems likely to stick but has been assured nothing.
Pittman has had conditioning issues, which is usually tied to concerns about work ethic. Most likely Pittman keeps a roster spot, but it’s far from a sure thing. The Heat might be willing to buy him out to clear out room on the roster for a player they think can contribute something.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4