Sep 17, 2012, 7:53 AM EDT
The Miami Heat are still looking for one more big man on the roster. Chris Bosh is the starting center (probably) but the Heat want some depth up front. Josh Harrellson got an extended lookout, as did Hassan Whiteside, but the Heat are still looking.
Dexter Pittman has had his shot. He was with the team last season, played on their Summer League team this year and has yet to win over any fans with the Heat front office.
Then comes this note from Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald.
A Heat official said the team was disappointed in Dexter Pittman’s summer league work and “this is a crucial training camp for him. But the slate is clear.” Pittman has a guaranteed contract ($854,389) and seems likely to stick but has been assured nothing.
Pittman has had conditioning issues, which is usually tied to concerns about work ethic. Most likely Pittman keeps a roster spot, but it’s far from a sure thing. The Heat might be willing to buy him out to clear out room on the roster for a player they think can contribute something.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 17
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 17
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4