Sep 17, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Anthony Davis has had it pretty good — first an NCAA title at Kentucky where he was a fantastic player, then being the No. 1 overall pick of the Hornets, then getting to win a gold with Team USA in London where Kobe Bryant and LeBron James kind of took him under their wings.
Now, Eric Gordon wants to make the rest of his transition to the NBA smooth.
Gordon is the stud young guard who came to New Orleans in the Chris Paul deal then promptly got injured and sat out most of last season. He’s bouncing back and is ready to work with Davis, he told Hoopshype in an interview.
And as a guard, we will come up with pick-and-rolls, stuff like that… I’m going to make it easier for him during the games.
There is a learning curve for rookies entering the NBA, about learning how to be a professional on and off the court. Davis got a big push along that curve watching the guys on Team USA, guys who where there because they bought into the team concept and who have strong work ethics. Now Gordon is going to help push him along from there.
Davis and Gordon are going to be a nice combo this season, one that is interesting to watch. But if they both continue on their projected course, three years from now could be a lot more interesting. The Hornets have the foundation that could be special.
In a few years, Davis could be making Gordon’s life a lot easier on the court. But for now, Gordon has to help out the rookie. And probably haze him some, too.
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 4
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 7
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 34
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 7
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (95)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay