Sep 17, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
Anthony Davis has had it pretty good — first an NCAA title at Kentucky where he was a fantastic player, then being the No. 1 overall pick of the Hornets, then getting to win a gold with Team USA in London where Kobe Bryant and LeBron James kind of took him under their wings.
Now, Eric Gordon wants to make the rest of his transition to the NBA smooth.
Gordon is the stud young guard who came to New Orleans in the Chris Paul deal then promptly got injured and sat out most of last season. He’s bouncing back and is ready to work with Davis, he told Hoopshype in an interview.
And as a guard, we will come up with pick-and-rolls, stuff like that… I’m going to make it easier for him during the games.
There is a learning curve for rookies entering the NBA, about learning how to be a professional on and off the court. Davis got a big push along that curve watching the guys on Team USA, guys who where there because they bought into the team concept and who have strong work ethics. Now Gordon is going to help push him along from there.
Davis and Gordon are going to be a nice combo this season, one that is interesting to watch. But if they both continue on their projected course, three years from now could be a lot more interesting. The Hornets have the foundation that could be special.
In a few years, Davis could be making Gordon’s life a lot easier on the court. But for now, Gordon has to help out the rookie. And probably haze him some, too.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13