Sep 16, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The best thing about Tony Allen‘s defense is it is the polar opposite of what we have been told is the model of NBA defense. He gambles constantly. He over-pursues to a degree that makes a golden retriever seem coy. He’s not constantly holding his position, moving in the right direction, anticipating his opponent’s every move. He’s just… on you. He’s swarming you with motion and bumps and aggression, always aggression. He creates absolute havoc defensively, and it’s that attitude and approach that really transformed the Grizzlies into an upper-tier Western Conference team. The man’s a little nuts, let’s be honest, and that’s what makes him so much fun to watch.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 19
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 29
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 37
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32