Sep 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The angles Dirk Nowitzki uses out of the step-back should not be humanly possible. He’s throwing it straight at the rim at times, from seven feet to start with. It just should not work, but not only does he do it, he does it at an insane level of efficiency. Nowitzki had a down year, but so much of that can be pinned on the schedule last season and not getting his training in. There’s every reason to think that no matter how the new-look Mavericks do, we’re going to see more of the killer jumper and one of the best scorers, yeah, I’ll say it, in NBA history.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5