Sep 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The angles Dirk Nowitzki uses out of the step-back should not be humanly possible. He’s throwing it straight at the rim at times, from seven feet to start with. It just should not work, but not only does he do it, he does it at an insane level of efficiency. Nowitzki had a down year, but so much of that can be pinned on the schedule last season and not getting his training in. There’s every reason to think that no matter how the new-look Mavericks do, we’re going to see more of the killer jumper and one of the best scorers, yeah, I’ll say it, in NBA history.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23