Sep 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The angles Dirk Nowitzki uses out of the step-back should not be humanly possible. He’s throwing it straight at the rim at times, from seven feet to start with. It just should not work, but not only does he do it, he does it at an insane level of efficiency. Nowitzki had a down year, but so much of that can be pinned on the schedule last season and not getting his training in. There’s every reason to think that no matter how the new-look Mavericks do, we’re going to see more of the killer jumper and one of the best scorers, yeah, I’ll say it, in NBA history.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8