Sep 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The angles Dirk Nowitzki uses out of the step-back should not be humanly possible. He’s throwing it straight at the rim at times, from seven feet to start with. It just should not work, but not only does he do it, he does it at an insane level of efficiency. Nowitzki had a down year, but so much of that can be pinned on the schedule last season and not getting his training in. There’s every reason to think that no matter how the new-look Mavericks do, we’re going to see more of the killer jumper and one of the best scorers, yeah, I’ll say it, in NBA history.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 0
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4