Sep 15, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Chris Paul is known for the acuity of his passing. He’s the best pure passer in the game, and it’s that skill that makes him the widely-considered best point guard on the planet. But what sometimes gets lost is that he’s an absolutely incredible scorer. He’s been flirting with 50-40-90 the past few seasons but injury has always managed to kick out the tires just enough to drag him back to just unbelievably good. And his floater is by far his most dangerous weapon. You cover the roll man, you play up to contain and bring help defense, meaning there’s just a narrow gap for him to shoot. And then he buries you.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 7
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 29
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 17