Sep 15, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Chris Paul is known for the acuity of his passing. He’s the best pure passer in the game, and it’s that skill that makes him the widely-considered best point guard on the planet. But what sometimes gets lost is that he’s an absolutely incredible scorer. He’s been flirting with 50-40-90 the past few seasons but injury has always managed to kick out the tires just enough to drag him back to just unbelievably good. And his floater is by far his most dangerous weapon. You cover the roll man, you play up to contain and bring help defense, meaning there’s just a narrow gap for him to shoot. And then he buries you.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)