Sep 15, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re two weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Chris Paul is known for the acuity of his passing. He’s the best pure passer in the game, and it’s that skill that makes him the widely-considered best point guard on the planet. But what sometimes gets lost is that he’s an absolutely incredible scorer. He’s been flirting with 50-40-90 the past few seasons but injury has always managed to kick out the tires just enough to drag him back to just unbelievably good. And his floater is by far his most dangerous weapon. You cover the roll man, you play up to contain and bring help defense, meaning there’s just a narrow gap for him to shoot. And then he buries you.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6