Sep 14, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
Right now, Chris Andersen — the Birdman — is trying to find a team that wants to bring him in. He was amnestied by the Nuggets and has yet to find a new home. Like Kenyon Martin and others, he’s finding a dry market where the only offers are for the veteran minimum, and in Andersen’s case there is not even that. (While he faced potential legal issues, he has denied those claims and has not been charged with any crime at this time. Not that the situation helps his cause.)
But that’s not what we’re writing about. We saw this photo of Andersen with his shirt off on The Basketball Jones (originally from J.E. Skeets’ tumblr) and thought what you are thinking now — man that is a lot of ink.
Credit Trey Kerby of TBJ who worked the photos to calculate how much of Andersen’s skin was still available as a canvas to tattoo artists and found 55% of his upper body still is open. Doesn’t look that way, but the stats don’t lie.
Which means there are tattoo artists in a few cities right now rooting for their team to sign Andersen. That’s some big business coming to town.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30