Sep 14, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Getting an athletic player who can defend on the wing for the league minimum is a good signing for the Clippers. While the official terms of the deal have not been released, trust me it is for the minimum.
The Clippers didn’t really need Barnes, they are loaded on the wing — Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Grant Hill all play the three, Chauncey Billups starts at the two guard spot (he doesn’t play point with the Clippers) and Willie Green is behind him. Plus, when they go small the Clippers have used Eric Bledsoe at the two. There are not a lot of minutes to go around on the wing.
But the Clippers do need more depth up front behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin (Lamar Odom is there but they need more). And when you have depth at one position and need it at another… not saying a trade is coming, just saying it is something to watch for.
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 2
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 8
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 84
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 20
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay