Sep 14, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Getting an athletic player who can defend on the wing for the league minimum is a good signing for the Clippers. While the official terms of the deal have not been released, trust me it is for the minimum.
The Clippers didn’t really need Barnes, they are loaded on the wing — Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Grant Hill all play the three, Chauncey Billups starts at the two guard spot (he doesn’t play point with the Clippers) and Willie Green is behind him. Plus, when they go small the Clippers have used Eric Bledsoe at the two. There are not a lot of minutes to go around on the wing.
But the Clippers do need more depth up front behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin (Lamar Odom is there but they need more). And when you have depth at one position and need it at another… not saying a trade is coming, just saying it is something to watch for.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2