Sep 14, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Getting an athletic player who can defend on the wing for the league minimum is a good signing for the Clippers. While the official terms of the deal have not been released, trust me it is for the minimum.
The Clippers didn’t really need Barnes, they are loaded on the wing — Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Grant Hill all play the three, Chauncey Billups starts at the two guard spot (he doesn’t play point with the Clippers) and Willie Green is behind him. Plus, when they go small the Clippers have used Eric Bledsoe at the two. There are not a lot of minutes to go around on the wing.
But the Clippers do need more depth up front behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin (Lamar Odom is there but they need more). And when you have depth at one position and need it at another… not saying a trade is coming, just saying it is something to watch for.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 15
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70