Sep 14, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Getting an athletic player who can defend on the wing for the league minimum is a good signing for the Clippers. While the official terms of the deal have not been released, trust me it is for the minimum.
The Clippers didn’t really need Barnes, they are loaded on the wing — Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Grant Hill all play the three, Chauncey Billups starts at the two guard spot (he doesn’t play point with the Clippers) and Willie Green is behind him. Plus, when they go small the Clippers have used Eric Bledsoe at the two. There are not a lot of minutes to go around on the wing.
But the Clippers do need more depth up front behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin (Lamar Odom is there but they need more). And when you have depth at one position and need it at another… not saying a trade is coming, just saying it is something to watch for.
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 0
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 39
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7