Sep 14, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Getting an athletic player who can defend on the wing for the league minimum is a good signing for the Clippers. While the official terms of the deal have not been released, trust me it is for the minimum.
The Clippers didn’t really need Barnes, they are loaded on the wing — Jamal Crawford, Caron Butler and Grant Hill all play the three, Chauncey Billups starts at the two guard spot (he doesn’t play point with the Clippers) and Willie Green is behind him. Plus, when they go small the Clippers have used Eric Bledsoe at the two. There are not a lot of minutes to go around on the wing.
But the Clippers do need more depth up front behind DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin (Lamar Odom is there but they need more). And when you have depth at one position and need it at another… not saying a trade is coming, just saying it is something to watch for.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9