Sep 14, 2012, 9:45 PM EST
1984 at the All-Star Game in Denver is when the NBA brought the Dunk Contest back (sort of, it was an old ABA thing). Dr. J was the favorite. Dominique Wilkins was competing.
And Larry Nance won the thing. With a pretty cool dunk.
I’m pretty sure the dunks themselves have not gotten much better (if at all), it’s just now they need to be accompanied by showmanship. Like jumping over a car.
Enjoy this little video appetizer to start your weekend.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 10
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14