Sep 14, 2012, 9:45 PM EST
1984 at the All-Star Game in Denver is when the NBA brought the Dunk Contest back (sort of, it was an old ABA thing). Dr. J was the favorite. Dominique Wilkins was competing.
And Larry Nance won the thing. With a pretty cool dunk.
I’m pretty sure the dunks themselves have not gotten much better (if at all), it’s just now they need to be accompanied by showmanship. Like jumping over a car.
Enjoy this little video appetizer to start your weekend.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 0
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 3
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 22
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10