Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
It was almost a side note in the emotional press conference where Derrick Rose talked about the release of his new shoe and new logo — there was some talk about his rehabilitation from knee surgery as well.
And it’s coming along. Here are the quotes via the Chicago Tribune.
“Recovery has been good,” Rose said. “I’m rehabbing five times a week. On Tuesday and Thursday, we do lower and upper body and bike workouts. I’m starting to shoot now. I’m starting to jump a little a little while ago, like a couple days ago.
“I’m seeing improvement every week. My leg does get sore sometimes. But I’m able to fight through it. My trainers who are working on me are making sure I’m doing a great job telling them what’s going on so they can treat me right.”
Those are good signs. The Bulls continue to take a slow, somewhat conservative approach to bringing Rose along. Which is the right thing to do. He still likely is not back at all until the All-Star break, and even then it might be the 2013-14 season before we see the Rose we all remember.
And Bulls fans need to remember that is okay. It is about the long term, not some meaningless February NBA regular season game.
But he’s making progress. Which is good.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32