Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
It was almost a side note in the emotional press conference where Derrick Rose talked about the release of his new shoe and new logo — there was some talk about his rehabilitation from knee surgery as well.
And it’s coming along. Here are the quotes via the Chicago Tribune.
“Recovery has been good,” Rose said. “I’m rehabbing five times a week. On Tuesday and Thursday, we do lower and upper body and bike workouts. I’m starting to shoot now. I’m starting to jump a little a little while ago, like a couple days ago.
“I’m seeing improvement every week. My leg does get sore sometimes. But I’m able to fight through it. My trainers who are working on me are making sure I’m doing a great job telling them what’s going on so they can treat me right.”
Those are good signs. The Bulls continue to take a slow, somewhat conservative approach to bringing Rose along. Which is the right thing to do. He still likely is not back at all until the All-Star break, and even then it might be the 2013-14 season before we see the Rose we all remember.
And Bulls fans need to remember that is okay. It is about the long term, not some meaningless February NBA regular season game.
But he’s making progress. Which is good.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35