Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
It was almost a side note in the emotional press conference where Derrick Rose talked about the release of his new shoe and new logo — there was some talk about his rehabilitation from knee surgery as well.
And it’s coming along. Here are the quotes via the Chicago Tribune.
“Recovery has been good,” Rose said. “I’m rehabbing five times a week. On Tuesday and Thursday, we do lower and upper body and bike workouts. I’m starting to shoot now. I’m starting to jump a little a little while ago, like a couple days ago.
“I’m seeing improvement every week. My leg does get sore sometimes. But I’m able to fight through it. My trainers who are working on me are making sure I’m doing a great job telling them what’s going on so they can treat me right.”
Those are good signs. The Bulls continue to take a slow, somewhat conservative approach to bringing Rose along. Which is the right thing to do. He still likely is not back at all until the All-Star break, and even then it might be the 2013-14 season before we see the Rose we all remember.
And Bulls fans need to remember that is okay. It is about the long term, not some meaningless February NBA regular season game.
But he’s making progress. Which is good.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28