Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
It was almost a side note in the emotional press conference where Derrick Rose talked about the release of his new shoe and new logo — there was some talk about his rehabilitation from knee surgery as well.
And it’s coming along. Here are the quotes via the Chicago Tribune.
“Recovery has been good,” Rose said. “I’m rehabbing five times a week. On Tuesday and Thursday, we do lower and upper body and bike workouts. I’m starting to shoot now. I’m starting to jump a little a little while ago, like a couple days ago.
“I’m seeing improvement every week. My leg does get sore sometimes. But I’m able to fight through it. My trainers who are working on me are making sure I’m doing a great job telling them what’s going on so they can treat me right.”
Those are good signs. The Bulls continue to take a slow, somewhat conservative approach to bringing Rose along. Which is the right thing to do. He still likely is not back at all until the All-Star break, and even then it might be the 2013-14 season before we see the Rose we all remember.
And Bulls fans need to remember that is okay. It is about the long term, not some meaningless February NBA regular season game.
But he’s making progress. Which is good.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 18
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 38
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 59
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40