Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 AM EST
It was almost a side note in the emotional press conference where Derrick Rose talked about the release of his new shoe and new logo — there was some talk about his rehabilitation from knee surgery as well.
And it’s coming along. Here are the quotes via the Chicago Tribune.
“Recovery has been good,” Rose said. “I’m rehabbing five times a week. On Tuesday and Thursday, we do lower and upper body and bike workouts. I’m starting to shoot now. I’m starting to jump a little a little while ago, like a couple days ago.
“I’m seeing improvement every week. My leg does get sore sometimes. But I’m able to fight through it. My trainers who are working on me are making sure I’m doing a great job telling them what’s going on so they can treat me right.”
Those are good signs. The Bulls continue to take a slow, somewhat conservative approach to bringing Rose along. Which is the right thing to do. He still likely is not back at all until the All-Star break, and even then it might be the 2013-14 season before we see the Rose we all remember.
And Bulls fans need to remember that is okay. It is about the long term, not some meaningless February NBA regular season game.
But he’s making progress. Which is good.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 4
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 4
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18