Sep 13, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
It’s list season in the NBA — there is not much to write about, so everyone seems to be doing a list of some kind. Counting down the game’s best players, for example.
But Sean Deveney at the Sporting News went a different way and asked “who has the worst contracs in the NBA?
One top of his list is Hedo Turkoglu — he has two years, $23.8 million left, and as hard as the Magic tried to move him in the Dwight Howard deal nobody was interested. Maybe next year when he has an expiring deal. He can still shoot the three (41 percent last year) but his offense only thrives in specific situations.
Can’t really argue with Hedo on top. The rest of the list:
2. Andris Biedrins (two years, $18 million left)
3. Tyrus Thomas (three years, $28 million)
4. Amare Stoudemire (three years, $65 million)
5. Carlos Boozer (three years, $47.1 million)
6. Gerald Wallace (four years, $40 million, just signed this summer)
7. Rudy Gay (three years, $53.6 million)
8. Andrea Bargnani (three years, $33 million)
9. Charlie Villanueva (two years $16 million)
10. Metta World Peace (two years, $16 million)
To me, Stoudemire is overpaid — the Knicks had to overpay for a star at the time they got him — but is still and All-star level player who can put up big numbers if used properly. The Knicks just haven’t done that. I wouldn’t put him on the list.
Bargnani is in the same boat, overpaid but he is 26 years old and averaged 19.5 points a game last season.
And how do you have a list of worst contracts in the NBA without Joe Johnson on it?
Who would you have on your list?
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights