Sep 13, 2012, 7:12 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dexter Pittman has gotten his chance in Miami and has not impressed. Or not enough. At least not yet. The Palm Beach Post’s Ethan J. Skolnick says Pittman will need a good camp to make the team, he is on the bubble.
• If I were a betting man, I would think Ivan Johnson is going to sign the qualifying offer the Hawks gave him, play this season in the ATL and become an unrestricted free agent next year. But so far he has done nothing, he has not signed anything with anyone. By the way, the Hawks have put themselves in a spot where they can’t match any offer larger than the bi-annual exception for him ($2 million a year). But nobody seems to be offering that much.
• The Celtics are bringing in Rob Kurz for training camp on a non-guaranteed contract. Which means he’s camp fodder.
• Along the same lines, the Nets have invited Carleton Scott to training camp.
• This has been rumored for a while, but the Heat have officially signed Garrett Temple for camp.
• Chris Mullin and Phil Jackson are going to be talking about philosophy and basketball at an event in the Bay Area this weekend, if you’re around.
• Former Cavalier Manny Harris has signed with BC Azovmash of the Ukrainian league.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38