Sep 13, 2012, 7:12 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dexter Pittman has gotten his chance in Miami and has not impressed. Or not enough. At least not yet. The Palm Beach Post’s Ethan J. Skolnick says Pittman will need a good camp to make the team, he is on the bubble.
• If I were a betting man, I would think Ivan Johnson is going to sign the qualifying offer the Hawks gave him, play this season in the ATL and become an unrestricted free agent next year. But so far he has done nothing, he has not signed anything with anyone. By the way, the Hawks have put themselves in a spot where they can’t match any offer larger than the bi-annual exception for him ($2 million a year). But nobody seems to be offering that much.
• The Celtics are bringing in Rob Kurz for training camp on a non-guaranteed contract. Which means he’s camp fodder.
• Along the same lines, the Nets have invited Carleton Scott to training camp.
• This has been rumored for a while, but the Heat have officially signed Garrett Temple for camp.
• Chris Mullin and Phil Jackson are going to be talking about philosophy and basketball at an event in the Bay Area this weekend, if you’re around.
• Former Cavalier Manny Harris has signed with BC Azovmash of the Ukrainian league.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48