Sep 12, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Apple fanatics love new, expensive toys.
• The Basketball Jones asks: Who is the coolest player in the NBA? Apparently those Canadian bloggers are hipsters as they choose James Harden and his beard. I might have voted for Tony Allen, who listens to his pre-game music louder than anyone in the league. By far.
• Once you get past the Matt Barnes info from Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated, he goes on to say both Kenyon Martin and Derek Fisher could wait until mid-season and hope a good team comes calling with an offer for a veteran, because they don’t like what is out there now. And if that doesn’t work, they could retire.
• Forward Malcolm Thomas will be working out for the Knicks this week, trying to earn a roster spot.
• Terrence Williams is working out for the Pistons trying to get one of their roster spots.
• Blazers snakebit guard Elliot Williams will have ankle surgery on his torn Achilles, but it is not yet scheduled as they wait for the swelling to go down.
• Will Conroy has inked a partially guaranteed contract and will be training camp fodder for the Timberwolves.
• Along those same lines, Ronald DuPree will be in Memphis’ training camp.
• Oklahoma City has inked DeAndre Liggins for training camp.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 2
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 3
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17