Sep 12, 2012, 8:46 AM EDT
We reported a few days ago that Celtics icon Bill Russell had undergone a couple of heart procedures, which had kept him resting in his Seattle area home rather than attending charity events. We didn’t know much else.
An updated report says Russell is doing well and could be back in Boston for events next month.
Russell’s business manager Stuart Layne spoke with the Celtics (who relayed the info to ESPNBoston.com) and said that Russell is feeling better each day.
Recovery from these things is never easy (and never linear, there are good and bad days) but we hope he is making progress and that we will see him in Boston late next month when the Celtics open their season.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85