Sep 12, 2012, 8:46 AM EDT
We reported a few days ago that Celtics icon Bill Russell had undergone a couple of heart procedures, which had kept him resting in his Seattle area home rather than attending charity events. We didn’t know much else.
An updated report says Russell is doing well and could be back in Boston for events next month.
Russell’s business manager Stuart Layne spoke with the Celtics (who relayed the info to ESPNBoston.com) and said that Russell is feeling better each day.
Recovery from these things is never easy (and never linear, there are good and bad days) but we hope he is making progress and that we will see him in Boston late next month when the Celtics open their season.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6