Sep 12, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Rondo was on BET’s 106 & Park show and talked about the Celtics upcoming season, his tour through Asia and more (you can see the entire interview below) but the best part came when he was asked about Ray Allen leaving Boston for Miami (hat tip to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato).
For context, remember that Ray Allen played the character Jesus Shuttlesworth in Spike Lee’s “He Got Game.”
BET: Have you talked to Jesus? Have you talked to Ray Allen, man?
Rondo: Oh, that guy.
Rondo: I talk to the Lord.
BET: You say you what?
Rondo: To the Lord.
Yes, Allen and Rondo probably spoke/texted/whatever a little. But what are they really going to say at this point? The lines are drawn. They didn’t get along all that well in Boston and now he’s gone, it’s not like they’re going to fly to Vegas together and hang out at Tao.
But Celtics players had better get used to the Allen questions, because they are not going to stop for a while.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11