Sep 12, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Rondo was on BET’s 106 & Park show and talked about the Celtics upcoming season, his tour through Asia and more (you can see the entire interview below) but the best part came when he was asked about Ray Allen leaving Boston for Miami (hat tip to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato).
For context, remember that Ray Allen played the character Jesus Shuttlesworth in Spike Lee’s “He Got Game.”
BET: Have you talked to Jesus? Have you talked to Ray Allen, man?
Rondo: Oh, that guy.
Rondo: I talk to the Lord.
BET: You say you what?
Rondo: To the Lord.
Yes, Allen and Rondo probably spoke/texted/whatever a little. But what are they really going to say at this point? The lines are drawn. They didn’t get along all that well in Boston and now he’s gone, it’s not like they’re going to fly to Vegas together and hang out at Tao.
But Celtics players had better get used to the Allen questions, because they are not going to stop for a while.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 23
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 19
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 58
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay