Sep 12, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
Rondo was on BET’s 106 & Park show and talked about the Celtics upcoming season, his tour through Asia and more (you can see the entire interview below) but the best part came when he was asked about Ray Allen leaving Boston for Miami (hat tip to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato).
For context, remember that Ray Allen played the character Jesus Shuttlesworth in Spike Lee’s “He Got Game.”
BET: Have you talked to Jesus? Have you talked to Ray Allen, man?
Rondo: Oh, that guy.
Rondo: I talk to the Lord.
BET: You say you what?
Rondo: To the Lord.
Yes, Allen and Rondo probably spoke/texted/whatever a little. But what are they really going to say at this point? The lines are drawn. They didn’t get along all that well in Boston and now he’s gone, it’s not like they’re going to fly to Vegas together and hang out at Tao.
But Celtics players had better get used to the Allen questions, because they are not going to stop for a while.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 8
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 19
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30