Sep 12, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
Rondo was on BET’s 106 & Park show and talked about the Celtics upcoming season, his tour through Asia and more (you can see the entire interview below) but the best part came when he was asked about Ray Allen leaving Boston for Miami (hat tip to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato).
For context, remember that Ray Allen played the character Jesus Shuttlesworth in Spike Lee’s “He Got Game.”
BET: Have you talked to Jesus? Have you talked to Ray Allen, man?
Rondo: Oh, that guy.
Rondo: I talk to the Lord.
BET: You say you what?
Rondo: To the Lord.
Yes, Allen and Rondo probably spoke/texted/whatever a little. But what are they really going to say at this point? The lines are drawn. They didn’t get along all that well in Boston and now he’s gone, it’s not like they’re going to fly to Vegas together and hang out at Tao.
But Celtics players had better get used to the Allen questions, because they are not going to stop for a while.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 2
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)