Sep 12, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Rondo was on BET’s 106 & Park show and talked about the Celtics upcoming season, his tour through Asia and more (you can see the entire interview below) but the best part came when he was asked about Ray Allen leaving Boston for Miami (hat tip to CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato).
For context, remember that Ray Allen played the character Jesus Shuttlesworth in Spike Lee’s “He Got Game.”
BET: Have you talked to Jesus? Have you talked to Ray Allen, man?
Rondo: Oh, that guy.
Rondo: I talk to the Lord.
BET: You say you what?
Rondo: To the Lord.
Yes, Allen and Rondo probably spoke/texted/whatever a little. But what are they really going to say at this point? The lines are drawn. They didn’t get along all that well in Boston and now he’s gone, it’s not like they’re going to fly to Vegas together and hang out at Tao.
But Celtics players had better get used to the Allen questions, because they are not going to stop for a while.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 22
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 48
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65