Sep 12, 2012, 10:24 AM EST
Derrick Rose is a Chicago guy born and raised, a guy invested in the city in a way few mercenary professional athletes are.
So he cares about things like the Chicago teachers’ strike going on right now. And he took to twitter to say what most people have said about this — “Really, you two sides couldn’t figure out how to solve this without hurting the children?”
As a parent who works from home, the idea of my children home from school into the fall and for me to try to entertainment them while working would be just… ugh. I’m not going to think about it. I bet plenty of Chicago parents are struggling with problems far worse than I would trying to deal with this. I’m not going to get into the who is right/wrong debate here (as always, both sides deserve some blame. I’m just with Rose, everybody needed to work this out before.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 24
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)