Sep 12, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Derrick Rose is a Chicago guy born and raised, a guy invested in the city in a way few mercenary professional athletes are.
So he cares about things like the Chicago teachers’ strike going on right now. And he took to twitter to say what most people have said about this — “Really, you two sides couldn’t figure out how to solve this without hurting the children?”
As a parent who works from home, the idea of my children home from school into the fall and for me to try to entertainment them while working would be just… ugh. I’m not going to think about it. I bet plenty of Chicago parents are struggling with problems far worse than I would trying to deal with this. I’m not going to get into the who is right/wrong debate here (as always, both sides deserve some blame. I’m just with Rose, everybody needed to work this out before.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28