Sep 12, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Derrick Rose is a Chicago guy born and raised, a guy invested in the city in a way few mercenary professional athletes are.
So he cares about things like the Chicago teachers’ strike going on right now. And he took to twitter to say what most people have said about this — “Really, you two sides couldn’t figure out how to solve this without hurting the children?”
As a parent who works from home, the idea of my children home from school into the fall and for me to try to entertainment them while working would be just… ugh. I’m not going to think about it. I bet plenty of Chicago parents are struggling with problems far worse than I would trying to deal with this. I’m not going to get into the who is right/wrong debate here (as always, both sides deserve some blame. I’m just with Rose, everybody needed to work this out before.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 14
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32