Sep 12, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Derrick Rose is a Chicago guy born and raised, a guy invested in the city in a way few mercenary professional athletes are.
So he cares about things like the Chicago teachers’ strike going on right now. And he took to twitter to say what most people have said about this — “Really, you two sides couldn’t figure out how to solve this without hurting the children?”
As a parent who works from home, the idea of my children home from school into the fall and for me to try to entertainment them while working would be just… ugh. I’m not going to think about it. I bet plenty of Chicago parents are struggling with problems far worse than I would trying to deal with this. I’m not going to get into the who is right/wrong debate here (as always, both sides deserve some blame. I’m just with Rose, everybody needed to work this out before.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30