Sep 12, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Derrick Rose is a Chicago guy born and raised, a guy invested in the city in a way few mercenary professional athletes are.
So he cares about things like the Chicago teachers’ strike going on right now. And he took to twitter to say what most people have said about this — “Really, you two sides couldn’t figure out how to solve this without hurting the children?”
As a parent who works from home, the idea of my children home from school into the fall and for me to try to entertainment them while working would be just… ugh. I’m not going to think about it. I bet plenty of Chicago parents are struggling with problems far worse than I would trying to deal with this. I’m not going to get into the who is right/wrong debate here (as always, both sides deserve some blame. I’m just with Rose, everybody needed to work this out before.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 0
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 7
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18