Sep 11, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
We’re passing this along, but we’re not sure you’re going to see D.J. Mbenga in the NBA next year.
There are a few reasons to sprinkle this report liberally with salt. First is the fact it’s coming out of France and not a Dallas or even Domestic source — why would they get this news first? Second, Mbenga didn’t play in the NBA last year so it’s unlikely he get any kind of guaranteed deal.
Finally, the Mavericks have a crowded roster without a lot of minutes and roster spots to be handing out.
If they gave Mbenga a deal, it likely is a make-good contract where he would get a camp invite but with little shot of making the team.
Mbenga did play with the Mavericks from 2004-07. Not sure that really matters, though.
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 0
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 25
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17