Sep 11, 2012, 10:41 AM EST
We’re passing this along, but we’re not sure you’re going to see D.J. Mbenga in the NBA next year.
There are a few reasons to sprinkle this report liberally with salt. First is the fact it’s coming out of France and not a Dallas or even Domestic source — why would they get this news first? Second, Mbenga didn’t play in the NBA last year so it’s unlikely he get any kind of guaranteed deal.
Finally, the Mavericks have a crowded roster without a lot of minutes and roster spots to be handing out.
If they gave Mbenga a deal, it likely is a make-good contract where he would get a camp invite but with little shot of making the team.
Mbenga did play with the Mavericks from 2004-07. Not sure that really matters, though.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9