Sep 11, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
We’re passing this along, but we’re not sure you’re going to see D.J. Mbenga in the NBA next year.
There are a few reasons to sprinkle this report liberally with salt. First is the fact it’s coming out of France and not a Dallas or even Domestic source — why would they get this news first? Second, Mbenga didn’t play in the NBA last year so it’s unlikely he get any kind of guaranteed deal.
Finally, the Mavericks have a crowded roster without a lot of minutes and roster spots to be handing out.
If they gave Mbenga a deal, it likely is a make-good contract where he would get a camp invite but with little shot of making the team.
Mbenga did play with the Mavericks from 2004-07. Not sure that really matters, though.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 0
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20