Sep 11, 2012, 10:41 AM EST
We’re passing this along, but we’re not sure you’re going to see D.J. Mbenga in the NBA next year.
There are a few reasons to sprinkle this report liberally with salt. First is the fact it’s coming out of France and not a Dallas or even Domestic source — why would they get this news first? Second, Mbenga didn’t play in the NBA last year so it’s unlikely he get any kind of guaranteed deal.
Finally, the Mavericks have a crowded roster without a lot of minutes and roster spots to be handing out.
If they gave Mbenga a deal, it likely is a make-good contract where he would get a camp invite but with little shot of making the team.
Mbenga did play with the Mavericks from 2004-07. Not sure that really matters, though.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 39
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8