Sep 11, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
This is bad news for a guy who was trying to be part of a rebuilt future in Portland.
Elliot Williams, the former first round pick entering his third year with the team, tore his left Achilles during voluntary workouts on Tuesday, reports Joe Freeman of the Oregonian on twitter. The Blazers have confirmed the news.
That means surgery. That means he is done for the season, it usually takes about a year to recover from this injury.
Which is another stroke of bad luck for Williams, who missed his entire rookie season with knee surgery. Last season, his second year, the former Memphis star, played 24 games for the Blazers and looked pretty good in his limited opportunities until shoulder surgery ended his season early.
I hope Williams can make it all the way back from this and get another shot.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29