Sep 11, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
This is bad news for a guy who was trying to be part of a rebuilt future in Portland.
Elliot Williams, the former first round pick entering his third year with the team, tore his left Achilles during voluntary workouts on Tuesday, reports Joe Freeman of the Oregonian on twitter. The Blazers have confirmed the news.
That means surgery. That means he is done for the season, it usually takes about a year to recover from this injury.
Which is another stroke of bad luck for Williams, who missed his entire rookie season with knee surgery. Last season, his second year, the former Memphis star, played 24 games for the Blazers and looked pretty good in his limited opportunities until shoulder surgery ended his season early.
I hope Williams can make it all the way back from this and get another shot.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7