Sep 11, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
This is bad news for a guy who was trying to be part of a rebuilt future in Portland.
Elliot Williams, the former first round pick entering his third year with the team, tore his left Achilles during voluntary workouts on Tuesday, reports Joe Freeman of the Oregonian on twitter. The Blazers have confirmed the news.
That means surgery. That means he is done for the season, it usually takes about a year to recover from this injury.
Which is another stroke of bad luck for Williams, who missed his entire rookie season with knee surgery. Last season, his second year, the former Memphis star, played 24 games for the Blazers and looked pretty good in his limited opportunities until shoulder surgery ended his season early.
I hope Williams can make it all the way back from this and get another shot.
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 9
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5