Sep 11, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
This is bad news for a guy who was trying to be part of a rebuilt future in Portland.
Elliot Williams, the former first round pick entering his third year with the team, tore his left Achilles during voluntary workouts on Tuesday, reports Joe Freeman of the Oregonian on twitter. The Blazers have confirmed the news.
That means surgery. That means he is done for the season, it usually takes about a year to recover from this injury.
Which is another stroke of bad luck for Williams, who missed his entire rookie season with knee surgery. Last season, his second year, the former Memphis star, played 24 games for the Blazers and looked pretty good in his limited opportunities until shoulder surgery ended his season early.
I hope Williams can make it all the way back from this and get another shot.
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 22
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 27
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 15
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68