Sep 11, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
This is bad news for a guy who was trying to be part of a rebuilt future in Portland.
Elliot Williams, the former first round pick entering his third year with the team, tore his left Achilles during voluntary workouts on Tuesday, reports Joe Freeman of the Oregonian on twitter. The Blazers have confirmed the news.
That means surgery. That means he is done for the season, it usually takes about a year to recover from this injury.
Which is another stroke of bad luck for Williams, who missed his entire rookie season with knee surgery. Last season, his second year, the former Memphis star, played 24 games for the Blazers and looked pretty good in his limited opportunities until shoulder surgery ended his season early.
I hope Williams can make it all the way back from this and get another shot.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 6
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9