Sep 11, 2012, 1:51 PM EST
The Nets have a new stadium in a new city with new luxury boxes and new food options and a few new players.
And, a new court.
They have unveiled the new look, showing it off to the New York Post and releasing pictures of the herringbone pattern look on Tuesday. My first thought? I like it. Everybody is trying to be unique with their court — light and dark wood patterns, other tricks.
Along those lines, his is different but a bit classier. Here is what Nets/Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark told the Post.
Yormark also said there’s a “bold, dark, gritty feeling” to the court that “blends nicely with the entire motif” of the 18,200-seat arena.
“It’s is our version of the [Boston Celtics] parquet floors,” he said.
Okay, that may be going a bit far. But it’s not bad.
Of course, it’s a court. What really matters is how the Nets play on it.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45