Sep 11, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
The Nets have a new stadium in a new city with new luxury boxes and new food options and a few new players.
And, a new court.
They have unveiled the new look, showing it off to the New York Post and releasing pictures of the herringbone pattern look on Tuesday. My first thought? I like it. Everybody is trying to be unique with their court — light and dark wood patterns, other tricks.
Along those lines, his is different but a bit classier. Here is what Nets/Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark told the Post.
Yormark also said there’s a “bold, dark, gritty feeling” to the court that “blends nicely with the entire motif” of the 18,200-seat arena.
“It’s is our version of the [Boston Celtics] parquet floors,” he said.
Okay, that may be going a bit far. But it’s not bad.
Of course, it’s a court. What really matters is how the Nets play on it.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8