Video: Official trailer for NBA 2K13… we’re getting pumped

Sep 10, 2012, 12:02 PM EST

There are things I love seeing in this video: A healthy Derrick Rose on the bounce, Jason Terry in Celtics green, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook doing their thing, DeMarcus Cousins creating position on the block like the beast he is.

All the things that have me pumped for the start of regular season. Or even training camps in three weeks. But in the interim we have the always impressive work from the guys at 2KSports.

Hat tip to SLAM.

1. somekat - Sep 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Basketball games, in general are terrible. Within 1/2 an hour of playing, you know all the moves that do and don’t work, and it’s just constant repetitive crap.
    In no particular order, sports games that are better than basektball games are, football, hockey, boxing, soccer, baseball and racing (if you consider that a sport game, they are catagorized that way)

• phaden27 - Sep 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I’ll respectfully disagree, the Madden series is probably the most Ford production line game I’ve ever played.
      Rarely do they add new features or anything relatively exciting besides the “new collision system” they introduce every year.
      I’d really reccomend you at least try it as a demo and maybe you will be surprised. I always find it takes months to get 2K’s games really down pat. But it’s probably the best sports gaming experience I’ve had.

• phaden27 - Sep 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM

And yes #nerd.

2. nokoolaidcowboy - Sep 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Will there be flagrant fouls? That would be cool.

• gerryb323 - Sep 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I always thought sports video games should have more flagrant fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct, mound charging and fighting.

It’s what the people want!

3. damp1015 - Sep 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I personally do not play a whole lot of sports game but I would take NBA 2K over EA’s Madden because of the added new features and so forth. But i agree with gerryb323 that Flagrants, Unsportmanlike Conduct and technicals should be added, more feel for the game.
    And that type of feature would play very well into the “MY CAREER” mode which influences if a team would want to trade for you, Salary, etc.

Other than that, I have my copy reserved and paid in full and I’m ready to rock the crap out of that game as I did 2k12 and 2k11. But for now Madden 13 will suffice.

GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. beagle11 - Sep 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Am I the only one who misses the EA NBA Live version?

5. rexgrossman8 - Sep 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

The 94 or 95 version with the 45 degree angled court on SNES was nice. Especially after you find the 3 point blind spot. THREE!!

6. akismet-977e9d94c5ef77bdcbddd0485da00862 - Sep 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I don’t always play sports video games…But when i do…I prefer NBA 2K…

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches