Sep 10, 2012, 2:41 PM EST
They were reportedly close to a deal nearly a month ago, yet nothing got finalized. The Cavaliers wanted Alonzo Gee back and he actually could have a starting role for them, but as always it came down to money.
Apparently the two sides have figured it out, tweets the Plain Dealer.
F/G Alonzo Gee, who started 31 games at SF for the #Cavs last season, has agreed to a multiyear contract with the team, NBA source says
We don’t know how much the deal is for, but the sides reportedly had been talking in the three-years, $10 million range. That could have dropped some.
Gee will battle with C.J. Miles for the starting three spot, but Gee has the advantage of being the incumbent — he scored 10.6 points in 29 minutes per game with the Cavaliers last season, and he was the starter half the season. He wasn’t very efficient, shooting 41.2 percent, but he’s athletic and this is about potential with him. The Cavs are rebuilding and willing to gamble on potential right now.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 1
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12