Sep 10, 2012, 3:25 PM EST
Mehmet Okur is still out there as a free agent. He could play a role as a big off the bench for a minimum salary, but the Timberwolves, Nets and others have passed.
Real Madrid has inquired about Okur. They hung up the phone when told about the money (he was asking for).
Okur is not really in position to be demanding a lot of money. He has played 30 games over two seasons fighting off injuries and deteriorating skills. Europe seemed like a better fit, with fewer games and more time between them.
It still may be, because I don’t see an NBA offer coming. But he may need to lower expectations a little on what he’s going to make. Or, there is always his native Turkey.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)