Sep 10, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Scotland loves Andy Murray.
• Who are the worst owners in the NBA? Tom Ziller tackles the question for SBN and he makes a good point at the top: If you are talking about the worst person who is an owner, Donald Sterling wins hands down. He should really have his own category for worst owner. But he is less hands on in recent years and there have been smart basketball moves following the drafting of Blake Griffin, and the Clippers are winning. Worst owner if you are a fan right now? Try and top the Maloof family. I dare you.
• A fantastic read in New York Magazine about Isiah Thomas and the Knicks, and how Knicks fans feel (which is not happy but they shrug more than get outraged anymore).
• The Dallas Mavericks hosted a “press conference” where season ticket holders got to ask questions of a few of the new Mavericks players for next season (Elton Brand and others), plus owner Mark Cuban and coach Rick Carlisle. It was pretty bland, but if you want to know what people said here you go.
• One of the more underrated NBA players ever, Bob McAdoo, really is high on the Heat.
• Speaking of training camp fodder, the Knicks are bringing in John Shurna.
• D.J. Strawberry has inked a deal with Hapoel Holon in Israel.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 16
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1