Sep 10, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Scotland loves Andy Murray.
• Who are the worst owners in the NBA? Tom Ziller tackles the question for SBN and he makes a good point at the top: If you are talking about the worst person who is an owner, Donald Sterling wins hands down. He should really have his own category for worst owner. But he is less hands on in recent years and there have been smart basketball moves following the drafting of Blake Griffin, and the Clippers are winning. Worst owner if you are a fan right now? Try and top the Maloof family. I dare you.
• A fantastic read in New York Magazine about Isiah Thomas and the Knicks, and how Knicks fans feel (which is not happy but they shrug more than get outraged anymore).
• The Dallas Mavericks hosted a “press conference” where season ticket holders got to ask questions of a few of the new Mavericks players for next season (Elton Brand and others), plus owner Mark Cuban and coach Rick Carlisle. It was pretty bland, but if you want to know what people said here you go.
• One of the more underrated NBA players ever, Bob McAdoo, really is high on the Heat.
• Speaking of training camp fodder, the Knicks are bringing in John Shurna.
• D.J. Strawberry has inked a deal with Hapoel Holon in Israel.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18