Sep 10, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT
Kris Humphries reality-show marriage to Kim Kardashian was a joke. Not really a funny one.
But some people are laughing at the Nets power forward. And that includes Humphries himself, the power forward told the New York Post in a Page 6 interview.
“Hey, if you can’t laugh at yourself, you can’t make fun of other people,” he says. “I’m open to being made fun of. You can’t take life too seriously or be too sensitive because it’s like, who wants to live like that?”
I’m glad someone is laughing at this.
Humphries is trying to get the marriage annulled saying that it was all a publicity stunt to boost ratings. If you don’t think that’s plausible, you don’t know reality television. Even if it was a stunt Humphries still gets some blame for falling for the trick, he gets blame for being blinded by Kardashian’s… well, I think we know. (I’m talking about her television show and the lust for fame, of course. I don’t know what you are thinking of.)
But is he as bad a guy as the editing room and tabloid headlines made him out to be? No. If you’re looking for NBA players to dislike, there are other more worthy candidates.
Humphries is going to be back in the spotlight in Brooklyn, especially if he does major interviews and photo shoots with models (and especially if he averages 13.8 points and 11 rebounds a game again). Regardless, he’s still going to have some people who think he’s disgusting. He’s going to get booed and snickered at.
But at least he can laugh about it.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 0
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 39
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55