Sep 10, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT
Kris Humphries reality-show marriage to Kim Kardashian was a joke. Not really a funny one.
But some people are laughing at the Nets power forward. And that includes Humphries himself, the power forward told the New York Post in a Page 6 interview.
“Hey, if you can’t laugh at yourself, you can’t make fun of other people,” he says. “I’m open to being made fun of. You can’t take life too seriously or be too sensitive because it’s like, who wants to live like that?”
I’m glad someone is laughing at this.
Humphries is trying to get the marriage annulled saying that it was all a publicity stunt to boost ratings. If you don’t think that’s plausible, you don’t know reality television. Even if it was a stunt Humphries still gets some blame for falling for the trick, he gets blame for being blinded by Kardashian’s… well, I think we know. (I’m talking about her television show and the lust for fame, of course. I don’t know what you are thinking of.)
But is he as bad a guy as the editing room and tabloid headlines made him out to be? No. If you’re looking for NBA players to dislike, there are other more worthy candidates.
Humphries is going to be back in the spotlight in Brooklyn, especially if he does major interviews and photo shoots with models (and especially if he averages 13.8 points and 11 rebounds a game again). Regardless, he’s still going to have some people who think he’s disgusting. He’s going to get booed and snickered at.
But at least he can laugh about it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 6
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 12
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36