Sep 10, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT
Kris Humphries reality-show marriage to Kim Kardashian was a joke. Not really a funny one.
But some people are laughing at the Nets power forward. And that includes Humphries himself, the power forward told the New York Post in a Page 6 interview.
“Hey, if you can’t laugh at yourself, you can’t make fun of other people,” he says. “I’m open to being made fun of. You can’t take life too seriously or be too sensitive because it’s like, who wants to live like that?”
I’m glad someone is laughing at this.
Humphries is trying to get the marriage annulled saying that it was all a publicity stunt to boost ratings. If you don’t think that’s plausible, you don’t know reality television. Even if it was a stunt Humphries still gets some blame for falling for the trick, he gets blame for being blinded by Kardashian’s… well, I think we know. (I’m talking about her television show and the lust for fame, of course. I don’t know what you are thinking of.)
But is he as bad a guy as the editing room and tabloid headlines made him out to be? No. If you’re looking for NBA players to dislike, there are other more worthy candidates.
Humphries is going to be back in the spotlight in Brooklyn, especially if he does major interviews and photo shoots with models (and especially if he averages 13.8 points and 11 rebounds a game again). Regardless, he’s still going to have some people who think he’s disgusting. He’s going to get booed and snickered at.
But at least he can laugh about it.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29