Sep 10, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Not that there was much doubt after he inked a new three-year deal at age 36, but Kevin Garnett wants you to know where his loyalties lie.
He’s a Celtic. Forever.
“I will retire as a Celtic for sure.”
The “for sure” really seals it.
You might have been able to question that some at points in the past two years — GM Danny Ainge was trying to figure out how to transition the Celtics from the 2010 finals team (and 2008 champion) into a team that could compete in a world with the Heat and Bulls in the East. (Bulls with a healthy Derrick Rose, obviously.)
But he has come about as close as he can, with smart moves like the addition of Jason Terry to provide scoring off the bench. The Celtics are on the Heat’s heals, should Miami stumble.
But even if Ainge had not figured it out, I still think KG might have walked away then jumped ship. He likes his legacy in Boston.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 0
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 8
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 34
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (65)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay