Sep 10, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Not that there was much doubt after he inked a new three-year deal at age 36, but Kevin Garnett wants you to know where his loyalties lie.
He’s a Celtic. Forever.
“I will retire as a Celtic for sure.”
The “for sure” really seals it.
You might have been able to question that some at points in the past two years — GM Danny Ainge was trying to figure out how to transition the Celtics from the 2010 finals team (and 2008 champion) into a team that could compete in a world with the Heat and Bulls in the East. (Bulls with a healthy Derrick Rose, obviously.)
But he has come about as close as he can, with smart moves like the addition of Jason Terry to provide scoring off the bench. The Celtics are on the Heat’s heals, should Miami stumble.
But even if Ainge had not figured it out, I still think KG might have walked away then jumped ship. He likes his legacy in Boston.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17