Sep 10, 2012, 8:19 AM EDT
But if that game is close at the end, Bosh will be at the five and LeBron James at the four. That has become the Heat’s go-to lineup. You will see a lot of it.
Playing more center and going against bigger guys has Bosh hitting the weight room, according to Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald. Although, he hasn’t exactly gone NFL lineman with the weight.
Chris Bosh is adding bulk (six pounds of lean muscle) to prepare for the rigors of playing a full season at center…. The Heat is still giving thought about whether to sign former Knicks center Josh Harrellson, who worked out for them the past week.
Six pounds, so we can rule out steroids at least.
Still the sentiment is there. Bosh shouldn’t bulk up a lot because the advantage of him at the five is his speed and outside game. But he’s still going to have to defend Andrew Bynum and other bigs on the block in crunch time now, and every little bit of muscle helps.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 23
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 32
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 5
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31