Sep 10, 2012, 8:19 AM EDT
But if that game is close at the end, Bosh will be at the five and LeBron James at the four. That has become the Heat’s go-to lineup. You will see a lot of it.
Playing more center and going against bigger guys has Bosh hitting the weight room, according to Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald. Although, he hasn’t exactly gone NFL lineman with the weight.
Chris Bosh is adding bulk (six pounds of lean muscle) to prepare for the rigors of playing a full season at center…. The Heat is still giving thought about whether to sign former Knicks center Josh Harrellson, who worked out for them the past week.
Six pounds, so we can rule out steroids at least.
Still the sentiment is there. Bosh shouldn’t bulk up a lot because the advantage of him at the five is his speed and outside game. But he’s still going to have to defend Andrew Bynum and other bigs on the block in crunch time now, and every little bit of muscle helps.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 0
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 5
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42