Sep 10, 2012, 8:19 AM EDT
But if that game is close at the end, Bosh will be at the five and LeBron James at the four. That has become the Heat’s go-to lineup. You will see a lot of it.
Playing more center and going against bigger guys has Bosh hitting the weight room, according to Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald. Although, he hasn’t exactly gone NFL lineman with the weight.
Chris Bosh is adding bulk (six pounds of lean muscle) to prepare for the rigors of playing a full season at center…. The Heat is still giving thought about whether to sign former Knicks center Josh Harrellson, who worked out for them the past week.
Six pounds, so we can rule out steroids at least.
Still the sentiment is there. Bosh shouldn’t bulk up a lot because the advantage of him at the five is his speed and outside game. But he’s still going to have to defend Andrew Bynum and other bigs on the block in crunch time now, and every little bit of muscle helps.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3