Sep 10, 2012, 8:19 AM EDT
But if that game is close at the end, Bosh will be at the five and LeBron James at the four. That has become the Heat’s go-to lineup. You will see a lot of it.
Playing more center and going against bigger guys has Bosh hitting the weight room, according to Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald. Although, he hasn’t exactly gone NFL lineman with the weight.
Chris Bosh is adding bulk (six pounds of lean muscle) to prepare for the rigors of playing a full season at center…. The Heat is still giving thought about whether to sign former Knicks center Josh Harrellson, who worked out for them the past week.
Six pounds, so we can rule out steroids at least.
Still the sentiment is there. Bosh shouldn’t bulk up a lot because the advantage of him at the five is his speed and outside game. But he’s still going to have to defend Andrew Bynum and other bigs on the block in crunch time now, and every little bit of muscle helps.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34