Sep 10, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
We don’t have a lot of details here, all we can do is hope for the best.
Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell was not at a youth charity golf event in Long Island last weekend — an event to which he has deep personal ties as one of the founders of the MENTOR organization. Now we find out why, via Peter Vecsey on twitter (hat tip to CelticsBlog).
Bill Russell was unable to make trip to Eastern LI from Seattle. He had 2 heart procedures within last month. Some days worse than others.
We all wish Russell the best as he recovers at his home in Seattle. Hope to see him around NBA events again soon.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85