Sep 10, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
We don’t have a lot of details here, all we can do is hope for the best.
Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell was not at a youth charity golf event in Long Island last weekend — an event to which he has deep personal ties as one of the founders of the MENTOR organization. Now we find out why, via Peter Vecsey on twitter (hat tip to CelticsBlog).
Bill Russell was unable to make trip to Eastern LI from Seattle. He had 2 heart procedures within last month. Some days worse than others.
We all wish Russell the best as he recovers at his home in Seattle. Hope to see him around NBA events again soon.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 23
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 55
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3