Sep 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re three weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The point guard position in the NBA is so deep you can go on for an hour and still miss someone absolutely stellar. So the fact that Kyrie Irving has shot up the ranks of the top point guards says something. Irving’s rookie season was simply stellar. He wasn’t just a scorer. He wasn’t just a distributor. He was the kind of point guard you dream about, the exact type of franchise player that Cleveland needed after you know who did you know what. Irving was particularly insane late in games. The kid just has stones. And in three weeks, we get to start ramping up towards his encore after an incredible rookie season.
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 4
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 0
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 18