Sep 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
The wait is almost over. We’re three weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The point guard position in the NBA is so deep you can go on for an hour and still miss someone absolutely stellar. So the fact that Kyrie Irving has shot up the ranks of the top point guards says something. Irving’s rookie season was simply stellar. He wasn’t just a scorer. He wasn’t just a distributor. He was the kind of point guard you dream about, the exact type of franchise player that Cleveland needed after you know who did you know what. Irving was particularly insane late in games. The kid just has stones. And in three weeks, we get to start ramping up towards his encore after an incredible rookie season.
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6