Sep 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re three weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
The point guard position in the NBA is so deep you can go on for an hour and still miss someone absolutely stellar. So the fact that Kyrie Irving has shot up the ranks of the top point guards says something. Irving’s rookie season was simply stellar. He wasn’t just a scorer. He wasn’t just a distributor. He was the kind of point guard you dream about, the exact type of franchise player that Cleveland needed after you know who did you know what. Irving was particularly insane late in games. The kid just has stones. And in three weeks, we get to start ramping up towards his encore after an incredible rookie season.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85