Sep 8, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re three weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to
It’s a singularly unique move in today’s NBA. The ball-fake’s not new. And Rajon Rondo isn’t the only one to use it. He’s just the only one to use it the way he does. It’s simultaneously disorienting, and a representation of style. It hearkens back to the truest concepts expressed in Free Darko. It’s all about creativity and improvisation. And it’s just freaking cool. Like I said earlier this week, it’s all about art.
And this one might be my personal favorite:
The flip to get one man off him, then beats the help defense with a similar move. It’s sneaky, it’s inventive, it’s sometimes unnecessary, but it’s an indelible part of the modern NBA. Can’t wait to see you fake it again, Rondo.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91