Sep 8, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re three weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to
It’s a singularly unique move in today’s NBA. The ball-fake’s not new. And Rajon Rondo isn’t the only one to use it. He’s just the only one to use it the way he does. It’s simultaneously disorienting, and a representation of style. It hearkens back to the truest concepts expressed in Free Darko. It’s all about creativity and improvisation. And it’s just freaking cool. Like I said earlier this week, it’s all about art.
And this one might be my personal favorite:
The flip to get one man off him, then beats the help defense with a similar move. It’s sneaky, it’s inventive, it’s sometimes unnecessary, but it’s an indelible part of the modern NBA. Can’t wait to see you fake it again, Rondo.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37