Sep 8, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
The wait is almost over. We’re three weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Kenneth Faried wasn’t even supposed to play last year. George Karl was pretty straightforward in preseason about Faried’s chances of getting playing time. Karl had a team with playoff aspirations that had Nene, Kosta Koufos, Timofey Mozgov, and Al Harrington. What did he need with an undersized, raw rookie? Turns out he may not have needed Faried, but he got a lot out of him. Faried was the best rookie in the league the final two months of the season (thanks in large part due to injury, but it counts) and showed that he can and will be a force in this league despite whatever doubts people may have about him. Even if you don’t think he’s destined for big things, you have to enjoy watching him play. Manimal.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 0
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 3
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 11
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17