Sep 8, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re three weeks and three days from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Kenneth Faried wasn’t even supposed to play last year. George Karl was pretty straightforward in preseason about Faried’s chances of getting playing time. Karl had a team with playoff aspirations that had Nene, Kosta Koufos, Timofey Mozgov, and Al Harrington. What did he need with an undersized, raw rookie? Turns out he may not have needed Faried, but he got a lot out of him. Faried was the best rookie in the league the final two months of the season (thanks in large part due to injury, but it counts) and showed that he can and will be a force in this league despite whatever doubts people may have about him. Even if you don’t think he’s destined for big things, you have to enjoy watching him play. Manimal.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13