Sep 8, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
That sound you hear is dozens of scribes all across the internet salivating with anticipation at the meat being thrown to the wolves.
Isiah Thomas never stopped talking to the Knicks. He was always a member of James Dolan’s counsel, always a trusted advisor. But the New York Post reports of a meeting that has some storm clouds on the horizon for Knicks fans concerned with a potential return of the once and former GM/coach.
Knicks owner James Dolan staged a business meeting with Isiah Thomas yesterday morning at the Mandarin Hotel in Midtown, according to a person familiar with the situation.
A band of security men surrounded the two men who were both dressed in business suits in a quiet corner of the lobby. Thomas has lobbied to return to the organization since he was fired as the Florida International basketball coach last spring. The meeting took place two days after the resignation of MSG sports president Scott O’Neil, who, according to a source, helped convince Dolan rehiring Thomas wasn’t a good move for the Knicks brand.
So the guy who didn’t want to rehire him is gone. He’s meeting with the boss man. And the Knicks are still very much in flux in terms of their organizational structure. So there’a lot to take note of, here. Maybe it was just an in-person advisement. Maybe it was just a very casual meeting.
But it’s enough to raise your eyebrows and imagine the fun that could be had. Or fear. One way or the other.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)