Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s always smart to agree with the guy who owns the business.
In the case of the Minnesota Timberwolves, owner Glen Taylor said recently he expects star point guard Ricky Rubio to return in December from surgery to repair a torn ACL. So, what did Rubio tell Spanish sports publication sport.es (via Hoopshype)?
“I’m eager to start running, and I think in December I would be ready to play,” Rubio said.
Minnesota should be a team taking a step forward this season with the additions of Andrei Kirilenko and Brandon Roy, but Rubio is the glue at the point who can bring it all together. They need him if they are going to make the playoffs.
In the short term, Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved will divide up the minutes at the point. Watch for Shved to keep getting more and more minutes until Rubio returns. Just a guess, but I like what he brings.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10