Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s always smart to agree with the guy who owns the business.
In the case of the Minnesota Timberwolves, owner Glen Taylor said recently he expects star point guard Ricky Rubio to return in December from surgery to repair a torn ACL. So, what did Rubio tell Spanish sports publication sport.es (via Hoopshype)?
“I’m eager to start running, and I think in December I would be ready to play,” Rubio said.
Minnesota should be a team taking a step forward this season with the additions of Andrei Kirilenko and Brandon Roy, but Rubio is the glue at the point who can bring it all together. They need him if they are going to make the playoffs.
In the short term, Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved will divide up the minutes at the point. Watch for Shved to keep getting more and more minutes until Rubio returns. Just a guess, but I like what he brings.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4