Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s always smart to agree with the guy who owns the business.
In the case of the Minnesota Timberwolves, owner Glen Taylor said recently he expects star point guard Ricky Rubio to return in December from surgery to repair a torn ACL. So, what did Rubio tell Spanish sports publication sport.es (via Hoopshype)?
“I’m eager to start running, and I think in December I would be ready to play,” Rubio said.
Minnesota should be a team taking a step forward this season with the additions of Andrei Kirilenko and Brandon Roy, but Rubio is the glue at the point who can bring it all together. They need him if they are going to make the playoffs.
In the short term, Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved will divide up the minutes at the point. Watch for Shved to keep getting more and more minutes until Rubio returns. Just a guess, but I like what he brings.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9