Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s always smart to agree with the guy who owns the business.
In the case of the Minnesota Timberwolves, owner Glen Taylor said recently he expects star point guard Ricky Rubio to return in December from surgery to repair a torn ACL. So, what did Rubio tell Spanish sports publication sport.es (via Hoopshype)?
“I’m eager to start running, and I think in December I would be ready to play,” Rubio said.
Minnesota should be a team taking a step forward this season with the additions of Andrei Kirilenko and Brandon Roy, but Rubio is the glue at the point who can bring it all together. They need him if they are going to make the playoffs.
In the short term, Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved will divide up the minutes at the point. Watch for Shved to keep getting more and more minutes until Rubio returns. Just a guess, but I like what he brings.
- PBT Extra: What does Kevin Love’s injury mean for his summer plans? 0
- Report: Lakers interested in signing Rajon Rondo as a free agent ‘only at a certain low price’ 18
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 30
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 26
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 8
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25