Sep 7, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s always smart to agree with the guy who owns the business.
In the case of the Minnesota Timberwolves, owner Glen Taylor said recently he expects star point guard Ricky Rubio to return in December from surgery to repair a torn ACL. So, what did Rubio tell Spanish sports publication sport.es (via Hoopshype)?
“I’m eager to start running, and I think in December I would be ready to play,” Rubio said.
Minnesota should be a team taking a step forward this season with the additions of Andrei Kirilenko and Brandon Roy, but Rubio is the glue at the point who can bring it all together. They need him if they are going to make the playoffs.
In the short term, Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved will divide up the minutes at the point. Watch for Shved to keep getting more and more minutes until Rubio returns. Just a guess, but I like what he brings.
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 2
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 76
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 19
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (78)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay