Sep 7, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
This is really cool.
Well, The Kahn Academy was already very really cool. It’s the brainchild of Harvard/MIT big brain Salman Khan with the idea of trying to provide simple, understandable lessons on a wide range of topics then put them on YouTube for anyone in the world to watch.
Now, LeBron James has teamed up with Kahn and tried to teach some mathematical ideas using basketball as the example and theme. For example above, is LeBron more likely to make three free throws in a row or a three-point shot? Great way to teach math concepts and make them interesting. Check out the entire lineup.
Hat tip to Micah Hart and the All Ball blog at NBA.com.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49