Sep 7, 2012, 2:59 PM EST
Well, this is not the ideal way to start the season in New York.
The Knicks had planned to give Ronnie Brewer a lot of run to start the season as Iman Shumpert recovers from knee surgery, then Howard Beck of the New York Times tweeted this on Friday:
Knicks G Ronnie Brewer will be out 6 weeks after surgery for meniscus tear in left knee. Injury happened w/in last 2 weeks.
That means he will miss the first three weeks of training camp but should be back for the start of the season.
What that really means it is going to be the J.R. Smith show at the two in the early going for the Knicks. Smith is going to get a lot of run as Brewer rounds into shape.
This is in no way devastating for the Knicks, but it’s not ideal, either.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45