Sep 7, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Bruce Lee vs. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in a movie fight. This is why YouTube should exist.
The scene is from the film “Game of Death,” which was one of Bruce Lee’s final films but not released in the United States until five years after his death (with all sorts of reshoots). He filmed most of the movie in 1972 but left before it was complete when the offer for “Enter the Dragon” (a high budget Hollywood film) came in. Lee died not long after in Hong Kong due to an acute cerebral edema, before he could finish this film. Someone else edited and released it years later.
But this scene is classic — Abdul-Jabbar is athletic and fights in Lee’s Jeet Kune Do hybrid style. The result is just really entertaining. Way more entertaining than the entire movie.
It’s a little different for our Friday Night Video segment, but it seemed like a fun way to start the weekend. And a nice little diversion during the off-season.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 2
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25