Sep 7, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Packers fans like bratwurst.
• Good read for Jazz fans as the Salt Lake Tribune caught up with Tyrone Corbin.
• The Timberwolves were “encouraged” by Hassan Whiteside’s workout. Don’t confuse that with them offering him a deal, however.
• The Hawks have signed second round pick forward Mike Scott. GM Danny Ferry said he is going to make the roster this season.
• Chris Wright will get a make-good camp invite from the Raptors.
• The Nuggets have another free agent they may want to deal with and lock down before next summer — GM Masai Ujiri.
• Javaris Crittendon has been charged with murder and is almost out of the NBA, but he’s still all over TMZ.
• The more I read about how Mike Gillispie treated people and players at Texas Tech, the more I am sickened. Some people just don’t know how to handle power and feel the need to demonstrate it all the time. Just to show they have it.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32