Sep 7, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Packers fans like bratwurst.
• Good read for Jazz fans as the Salt Lake Tribune caught up with Tyrone Corbin.
• The Timberwolves were “encouraged” by Hassan Whiteside’s workout. Don’t confuse that with them offering him a deal, however.
• The Hawks have signed second round pick forward Mike Scott. GM Danny Ferry said he is going to make the roster this season.
• Chris Wright will get a make-good camp invite from the Raptors.
• The Nuggets have another free agent they may want to deal with and lock down before next summer — GM Masai Ujiri.
• Javaris Crittendon has been charged with murder and is almost out of the NBA, but he’s still all over TMZ.
• The more I read about how Mike Gillispie treated people and players at Texas Tech, the more I am sickened. Some people just don’t know how to handle power and feel the need to demonstrate it all the time. Just to show they have it.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11