Sep 7, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Packers fans like bratwurst.
• Good read for Jazz fans as the Salt Lake Tribune caught up with Tyrone Corbin.
• The Timberwolves were “encouraged” by Hassan Whiteside’s workout. Don’t confuse that with them offering him a deal, however.
• The Hawks have signed second round pick forward Mike Scott. GM Danny Ferry said he is going to make the roster this season.
• Chris Wright will get a make-good camp invite from the Raptors.
• The Nuggets have another free agent they may want to deal with and lock down before next summer — GM Masai Ujiri.
• Javaris Crittendon has been charged with murder and is almost out of the NBA, but he’s still all over TMZ.
• The more I read about how Mike Gillispie treated people and players at Texas Tech, the more I am sickened. Some people just don’t know how to handle power and feel the need to demonstrate it all the time. Just to show they have it.
- Report: Rockets look to trade Asik next week, Varejao in play 0
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 8
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)