Sep 7, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
When the first reports came out that Andray Blatche had reached a deal with the Nets, his agents/people quickly turned and said it was not a done deal, the Heat were in the mix. Because agents like options and trying to use that as leverage.
Andray Blatche, a 6-foot-11 power forward who was an amnesty waiver by the Wizards, will join the Nets with a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, league sources confirmed Thursday.
Blatche, a talented big who also can play center, is a high-reward, low-risk type. His shot selection helped him fall out of favor in Washington, but the Nets believe he could thrive under coach Avery Johnson’s tutelage.
Shot selection was part of it, yes.
But I still like this move for the Nets. One year at a minimum deal is as low risk as it gets, and if Blatche can get his head together and start to play anywhere near his potential for Johnson, it’s a great steal for the Nets. If not, he rides the end of the bench and they are done with him after the season.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5