Sep 7, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
When the first reports came out that Andray Blatche had reached a deal with the Nets, his agents/people quickly turned and said it was not a done deal, the Heat were in the mix. Because agents like options and trying to use that as leverage.
Andray Blatche, a 6-foot-11 power forward who was an amnesty waiver by the Wizards, will join the Nets with a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, league sources confirmed Thursday.
Blatche, a talented big who also can play center, is a high-reward, low-risk type. His shot selection helped him fall out of favor in Washington, but the Nets believe he could thrive under coach Avery Johnson’s tutelage.
Shot selection was part of it, yes.
But I still like this move for the Nets. One year at a minimum deal is as low risk as it gets, and if Blatche can get his head together and start to play anywhere near his potential for Johnson, it’s a great steal for the Nets. If not, he rides the end of the bench and they are done with him after the season.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 2
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24