Sep 6, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Katy Perry likes being in the spotlight.
That would be Shaquille O’Neal walking into traffic in his underwear to promote his comedy tour and show. I present it without further comment, other than to say I’m sorry. Hat tip to IamaGM.com.
• Derrick Rose has inked a sponsorship deal with my second favorite Chicago pizza company, Giordano’s. I love this move because I LOVE Chicago-style pizza and have eaten at one of their spaces, well, let’s just say more than once. If you’re in the Windy City for a few days, Giordano’s is a great spot to eat (if you are not near this place).
• A fantastic look at soon to be basketball Hall of Fame journalist Sam Smith over at Ball Don’t Lie.
• Lakers blog Forum Blue & Gold has done a countdown of the greatest Lakers championship teams, and they finally got to No. 1. Can’t really argue with that choice.
• Steve Novak says he is working on his defense and rounding out his offensive game. Again, everyone says that in the offseason, when games start he will be parked at the arc.
• Who are the likely breakout candidates for the NBA next season? I think Klay Thompson is a perfect fit on that list.
• The NBA Trades tumblr is just a lot of fun, like this breakdown of the 1993 Derrick McKey/Detlef Schrempf trade.
• The Nuggets have extended a make-good contract offer to second-round pick Quincy Miller.
• Anthony Mason Jr. has left his French team, Cholet.
• If you were impressed with Sergio Llull during the Olympics (he played for Spain), know that he agreed to a contract extension with Real Marid through 2018.
• The Warriors have extended their radio deal with KNBR.
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 5
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 10
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27
- Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard have little dust up; Kobe calls Howard “soft” (VIDEO) 61