Sep 6, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Katy Perry likes being in the spotlight.
That would be Shaquille O’Neal walking into traffic in his underwear to promote his comedy tour and show. I present it without further comment, other than to say I’m sorry. Hat tip to IamaGM.com.
• Derrick Rose has inked a sponsorship deal with my second favorite Chicago pizza company, Giordano’s. I love this move because I LOVE Chicago-style pizza and have eaten at one of their spaces, well, let’s just say more than once. If you’re in the Windy City for a few days, Giordano’s is a great spot to eat (if you are not near this place).
• A fantastic look at soon to be basketball Hall of Fame journalist Sam Smith over at Ball Don’t Lie.
• Lakers blog Forum Blue & Gold has done a countdown of the greatest Lakers championship teams, and they finally got to No. 1. Can’t really argue with that choice.
• Steve Novak says he is working on his defense and rounding out his offensive game. Again, everyone says that in the offseason, when games start he will be parked at the arc.
• Who are the likely breakout candidates for the NBA next season? I think Klay Thompson is a perfect fit on that list.
• The NBA Trades tumblr is just a lot of fun, like this breakdown of the 1993 Derrick McKey/Detlef Schrempf trade.
• The Nuggets have extended a make-good contract offer to second-round pick Quincy Miller.
• Anthony Mason Jr. has left his French team, Cholet.
• If you were impressed with Sergio Llull during the Olympics (he played for Spain), know that he agreed to a contract extension with Real Marid through 2018.
• The Warriors have extended their radio deal with KNBR.
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 9
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 20
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 23