Sep 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s mild. It’s summer when he can rest it and get it right. It’s not a big deal, it’s just something to watch.
But this report on Pistons point guard Brandon Knight caught my eye. From Keith Langlois of the True Blue blog at Pistons.com.
Brandon Knight suffered mild case of plantar fasciitis at Grgurich’s Vegas camp. Doing drill work, but won’t participate in full-court run.
Plantar fasciitis is a foot injury that makes it painful to run on a hard surface. Which is pretty much the core of playing basketball. The only thing that makes it better really is rest and time off. This is the time of year when Knight can get that rest, made a mild case go away.
But it’s also something that can return over the course of a long season. Not serious, just keep your eye on it.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6