Sep 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s mild. It’s summer when he can rest it and get it right. It’s not a big deal, it’s just something to watch.
But this report on Pistons point guard Brandon Knight caught my eye. From Keith Langlois of the True Blue blog at Pistons.com.
Brandon Knight suffered mild case of plantar fasciitis at Grgurich’s Vegas camp. Doing drill work, but won’t participate in full-court run.
Plantar fasciitis is a foot injury that makes it painful to run on a hard surface. Which is pretty much the core of playing basketball. The only thing that makes it better really is rest and time off. This is the time of year when Knight can get that rest, made a mild case go away.
But it’s also something that can return over the course of a long season. Not serious, just keep your eye on it.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24