Sep 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
It’s mild. It’s summer when he can rest it and get it right. It’s not a big deal, it’s just something to watch.
But this report on Pistons point guard Brandon Knight caught my eye. From Keith Langlois of the True Blue blog at Pistons.com.
Brandon Knight suffered mild case of plantar fasciitis at Grgurich’s Vegas camp. Doing drill work, but won’t participate in full-court run.
Plantar fasciitis is a foot injury that makes it painful to run on a hard surface. Which is pretty much the core of playing basketball. The only thing that makes it better really is rest and time off. This is the time of year when Knight can get that rest, made a mild case go away.
But it’s also something that can return over the course of a long season. Not serious, just keep your eye on it.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30