Sep 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
It’s mild. It’s summer when he can rest it and get it right. It’s not a big deal, it’s just something to watch.
But this report on Pistons point guard Brandon Knight caught my eye. From Keith Langlois of the True Blue blog at Pistons.com.
Brandon Knight suffered mild case of plantar fasciitis at Grgurich’s Vegas camp. Doing drill work, but won’t participate in full-court run.
Plantar fasciitis is a foot injury that makes it painful to run on a hard surface. Which is pretty much the core of playing basketball. The only thing that makes it better really is rest and time off. This is the time of year when Knight can get that rest, made a mild case go away.
But it’s also something that can return over the course of a long season. Not serious, just keep your eye on it.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8