Sep 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s mild. It’s summer when he can rest it and get it right. It’s not a big deal, it’s just something to watch.
But this report on Pistons point guard Brandon Knight caught my eye. From Keith Langlois of the True Blue blog at Pistons.com.
Brandon Knight suffered mild case of plantar fasciitis at Grgurich’s Vegas camp. Doing drill work, but won’t participate in full-court run.
Plantar fasciitis is a foot injury that makes it painful to run on a hard surface. Which is pretty much the core of playing basketball. The only thing that makes it better really is rest and time off. This is the time of year when Knight can get that rest, made a mild case go away.
But it’s also something that can return over the course of a long season. Not serious, just keep your eye on it.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20