Sep 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
During the playoffs, Rajon rondo was drawing a lot of attention for his interesting wardrobe choices. As a guy who tries to color within the fashion lines because I look terrible when I wear clothes not approved by my wife, I am slow to criticize fashion choices. But lets say Rondo’s clothing choices were a topic of conversation almost as much as his play.
So, I guess this makes sense — he is interning at GQ in New York this week. Which just happens to be Fashion Week in New York. Here is his corporate PR approved comment via press release.
“I love the set-up so far and I’m having fun. I’m still a rookie at this,” said Rondo of his new position. “I’m humble. Anything GQ needs me to do—getting coffee—I’ll do. In my position, I haven’t done things like this in my entire life. It’s fun doing what I do, but it’s nice getting the flipside of that 9 to 5.”
Rather than being forced to wear clothes from JC Penny or whatever hazing normally happens to GQ interns, Rondo will be doing interviews, critiques, and blog posts this week.
I bet the other interns love him getting all the glory.
We’ll see how this impacts what he wears to press conferences next season.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 19
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23