Sep 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
During the playoffs, Rajon rondo was drawing a lot of attention for his interesting wardrobe choices. As a guy who tries to color within the fashion lines because I look terrible when I wear clothes not approved by my wife, I am slow to criticize fashion choices. But lets say Rondo’s clothing choices were a topic of conversation almost as much as his play.
So, I guess this makes sense — he is interning at GQ in New York this week. Which just happens to be Fashion Week in New York. Here is his corporate PR approved comment via press release.
“I love the set-up so far and I’m having fun. I’m still a rookie at this,” said Rondo of his new position. “I’m humble. Anything GQ needs me to do—getting coffee—I’ll do. In my position, I haven’t done things like this in my entire life. It’s fun doing what I do, but it’s nice getting the flipside of that 9 to 5.”
Rather than being forced to wear clothes from JC Penny or whatever hazing normally happens to GQ interns, Rondo will be doing interviews, critiques, and blog posts this week.
I bet the other interns love him getting all the glory.
We’ll see how this impacts what he wears to press conferences next season.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29