Sep 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
During the playoffs, Rajon rondo was drawing a lot of attention for his interesting wardrobe choices. As a guy who tries to color within the fashion lines because I look terrible when I wear clothes not approved by my wife, I am slow to criticize fashion choices. But lets say Rondo’s clothing choices were a topic of conversation almost as much as his play.
So, I guess this makes sense — he is interning at GQ in New York this week. Which just happens to be Fashion Week in New York. Here is his corporate PR approved comment via press release.
“I love the set-up so far and I’m having fun. I’m still a rookie at this,” said Rondo of his new position. “I’m humble. Anything GQ needs me to do—getting coffee—I’ll do. In my position, I haven’t done things like this in my entire life. It’s fun doing what I do, but it’s nice getting the flipside of that 9 to 5.”
Rather than being forced to wear clothes from JC Penny or whatever hazing normally happens to GQ interns, Rondo will be doing interviews, critiques, and blog posts this week.
I bet the other interns love him getting all the glory.
We’ll see how this impacts what he wears to press conferences next season.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11