Sep 5, 2012, 7:05 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like tennis fans love Andy Roddick.
• There is a shakeup coming at the top of Madison Square Garden, with company president Scott O’Neil stepping down (something first reported by Frank Isola of the Daily News). MSG owns the Knicks (and the NHL’s Rangers, among other things). First, this is usually the kind of thing where the resignation was to save face as O’Neil was fired or pushed out the door. The question is why? From the outside he seems to have made a lot of money for the company, but this is a Dolan run show so who knows what is really going on or why things happen. We also don’t know how this may or may not impact the Knicks. Just something to watch.
• Mark Cuban has been in a war of words with the guys at the Wages of Wins Journal over the worth of Chris Kaman. (Hat tip to TrueHoop)
• Some good thoughts on how the Lakers rotations could shake out.
• The Basketball Jones has my favorite photo of the day: Yes, Rajon Rondo will sign your baby.
• More interesting stuff from Tom Ziller at SBN on three-point shooting, or in this case shooters and what is the proper frequency of shots (which depends on how often you make them).
• James Singleton is about to sign with Xinjiang in China.
• UCLA forward Reeves Nelson got a training camp invite from the Lakers. There is no way he makes the team. Nelson has the raw skills to play in the league but is a long way from developing them and using them to the level he needs.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 1
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)