Sep 5, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like tennis fans love Andy Roddick.
• There is a shakeup coming at the top of Madison Square Garden, with company president Scott O’Neil stepping down (something first reported by Frank Isola of the Daily News). MSG owns the Knicks (and the NHL’s Rangers, among other things). First, this is usually the kind of thing where the resignation was to save face as O’Neil was fired or pushed out the door. The question is why? From the outside he seems to have made a lot of money for the company, but this is a Dolan run show so who knows what is really going on or why things happen. We also don’t know how this may or may not impact the Knicks. Just something to watch.
• Mark Cuban has been in a war of words with the guys at the Wages of Wins Journal over the worth of Chris Kaman. (Hat tip to TrueHoop)
• Some good thoughts on how the Lakers rotations could shake out.
• The Basketball Jones has my favorite photo of the day: Yes, Rajon Rondo will sign your baby.
• More interesting stuff from Tom Ziller at SBN on three-point shooting, or in this case shooters and what is the proper frequency of shots (which depends on how often you make them).
• James Singleton is about to sign with Xinjiang in China.
• UCLA forward Reeves Nelson got a training camp invite from the Lakers. There is no way he makes the team. Nelson has the raw skills to play in the league but is a long way from developing them and using them to the level he needs.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30