Sep 5, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like tennis fans love Andy Roddick.
• There is a shakeup coming at the top of Madison Square Garden, with company president Scott O’Neil stepping down (something first reported by Frank Isola of the Daily News). MSG owns the Knicks (and the NHL’s Rangers, among other things). First, this is usually the kind of thing where the resignation was to save face as O’Neil was fired or pushed out the door. The question is why? From the outside he seems to have made a lot of money for the company, but this is a Dolan run show so who knows what is really going on or why things happen. We also don’t know how this may or may not impact the Knicks. Just something to watch.
• Mark Cuban has been in a war of words with the guys at the Wages of Wins Journal over the worth of Chris Kaman. (Hat tip to TrueHoop)
• Some good thoughts on how the Lakers rotations could shake out.
• The Basketball Jones has my favorite photo of the day: Yes, Rajon Rondo will sign your baby.
• More interesting stuff from Tom Ziller at SBN on three-point shooting, or in this case shooters and what is the proper frequency of shots (which depends on how often you make them).
• James Singleton is about to sign with Xinjiang in China.
• UCLA forward Reeves Nelson got a training camp invite from the Lakers. There is no way he makes the team. Nelson has the raw skills to play in the league but is a long way from developing them and using them to the level he needs.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 12
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24