Sep 5, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like tennis fans love Andy Roddick.
• There is a shakeup coming at the top of Madison Square Garden, with company president Scott O’Neil stepping down (something first reported by Frank Isola of the Daily News). MSG owns the Knicks (and the NHL’s Rangers, among other things). First, this is usually the kind of thing where the resignation was to save face as O’Neil was fired or pushed out the door. The question is why? From the outside he seems to have made a lot of money for the company, but this is a Dolan run show so who knows what is really going on or why things happen. We also don’t know how this may or may not impact the Knicks. Just something to watch.
• Mark Cuban has been in a war of words with the guys at the Wages of Wins Journal over the worth of Chris Kaman. (Hat tip to TrueHoop)
• Some good thoughts on how the Lakers rotations could shake out.
• The Basketball Jones has my favorite photo of the day: Yes, Rajon Rondo will sign your baby.
• More interesting stuff from Tom Ziller at SBN on three-point shooting, or in this case shooters and what is the proper frequency of shots (which depends on how often you make them).
• James Singleton is about to sign with Xinjiang in China.
• UCLA forward Reeves Nelson got a training camp invite from the Lakers. There is no way he makes the team. Nelson has the raw skills to play in the league but is a long way from developing them and using them to the level he needs.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 0
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 3
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 35
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record