Sep 5, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
If you watch one video today, this should be it. Fantastic work.
Grantland got access to Iowa State’s Royce White and it was a heck of a ride. White is a point-forward with a lot of skills, maybe top 10 talent in this draft, but a guy who battles an anxiety disorder and that was one of the things that scared teams off. General managers can be risk-averse — if they can get someone solid they may take that over the guy like White with the upside but they fear could flame out.
Get to the four-minute mark of the video, where White’s agent basically tells him if the Rockets don’t take him he could plummet down the board (the Rockets did take him at 16). To me, that was a good spot to take the gamble — if White pans out he has the diverse skill set to fit well into a position revolution NBA. He can do so many things. You have to roll the dice on that upside, not take the safe route.
Watch the video. Great stuff.
Hat tip to The Big Lead.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25